Best LFS for 600g install??

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I’m new to the hobby and sort of decided to hop into the deep end quite quick by wanting my first tank to be a 10ft tank. Which stores in the PHX/Goodyear area would you guys recommend to help with doing my plumbing set up? I want it done correctly the first time so I rather have a professional install.

also off topic but any of you that are Arizona locals and have similar sized setups, how much are you spending on electricity and water monthly?

Last edited:

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend James Brinkley. My tanks weren't as large as yours. He removed a CDC 150 rimless which was a beast 3/4" glass and installed a 200 gallon. Very professional. He's a fireman by trade. He also opened a shop on deer valley and 19th. I think that is the location. I don't get any perks, but if you do go with James, give him my name. I'd like him to know I recommend him. I know he did a couple of other guys tanks and they were pleased with him.

I can't help you on your other questions. I was using the moonshine products (no water changes in over 2 years) and I have solar.
1C62CF96-10B6-49B2-9B06-69B27C38AFBB.png

Jason Scalise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will agree. His shop, Aquaholics, is not the worlds largest store by any means, but I find the quality of their products, and livestock to be very high. I, too, have no conflicts, just a recommendation.

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that is ****** huge! be on the lookout for a coral show twice a year off 17 and something maybe peoria. you can get a lot of nice corals there at good deals and meet a lot of locals.
there is also a FB group similar in name to this group though not related and I think there is still a FRAG group on FB

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, AZ FRAG is meeting this Saturday at Mi' Amigos.

You can find the details here.

I'll be attending this one as well

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back