0   0   0
P1010587.jpg
P1010583.jpg
P1010597.jpg
P1010576.jpg
P1010595.jpg
P1010590.jpg
P1010598.jpg
Well finally have a new camera now getting to know what I am doing lol. We got a Olympus e510 with 2 Zuiko lenses a 14-42mm and 40-150mm wireless remote 2 batteries a bag n few straps. Everyones doing well and getting ready for the holidays. Heres a couple raw shots no edit.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Steve! Looks amazing. What are the first zoas?
The rainbow ones are ASD hyper jubilee there's also a unknown and was told gobbstoppers are the top. Cornbred is selling them as money shots for crazy high price now lol.
Those look great, the colors are beautiful! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Thank you and have a great thanksgiving with your family as well.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the eye candy!
Those are some great shots!!!!

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the eye candy!
Those are some great shots!!!!
Thank you bud I'm learning yet lol. Next will be a macro and a avast marine porthole I'm liking the camera.
Great pictures Steve;)
Thanks man your pictures helped me pick the camera and I'm pretty happy with the corals shots the colors are what I see without post processing. Helps the wb goes up to 14k when others stop at 10k. Thank you for helping me decide on a nice camera within our budget.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Mari woke me up with the dreaded " the aquarium is making loud funny sounds ". Rush downstairs half sleeping yet n found the return pump decided to go on break lol. Was happy it wasn't worse so have a nib mag 7 I swapped with the other dc pump and have it cleaning and hopefully can get it going properly again. Gotta love having backup for times like this. It's well worth having a 100 bucks sitting nib for when the inevitable happens so your reefs safe. We invest so much love time and money on them it's only smart to be prepared( yes a old scout ) to protect it when emergency happens we all will have them. It's only fair to our livestock to do this. Hopefully others see this and others who handle their reefs emergency smoothly because of planning for the unplanned. Happy reefing everyone.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well another Tuesday and another trip to U of M for Dr and chemo just in time to ruin thanksgiving dinner for me :(. I've got the Turkey soaking in brine I make and Thursday I promised I'd do my Turkey everyone loves. Come Thursday I'll be injecting the bird with more juicy goodness then frying it. Hopefully everyone has a great day n I'm hoping to not be here till 9 tonight lol. Take care and happy reefing.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order arrived acan is awesome but sps was pretty well bleached looking. After few days it's gotten more polyp extension and some pink highlights so I'm hopeful yet. Received our mlc and moonlight pods today and hooked up to our rkl plus tonight. We now have moonlighting that follows the lunar cycle ramping up and down accordingly. Next big expense will probably be a new light with ramping ability for sunrise and sunset after the new year. Kids and Christmas is first. Tomorrow I'll try for some pics to post up.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well been a while with holidays and treatment and all. But we've had a storm knock out power for about 22 hours and got pretty cold. Sadly we lost few zoas n 2 acans looks like everyone else is doing well. I've been getting the maricultured acro to start coloring up more it browned out but is getting coloring again last few days rather well. We also got our battle cancer battle box yesterday. Pics to follow. Sunday when getting scans across state hit few lfs that way and got a awesome deal on a carpenter flasher wrasse and a filamented flasher wrasse couldn't say no for 30 for both. Normally one goes more then that. They are getting adjusted well. The carpenter seems to really be active the filamented seems little more skittish yet. But we've had the carpenter flasher flash already so that's awesome. I'll work on pics as feeling better had chemotherapy Tuesday and blessed with stable scans again thank the Lord for this blessing. Now to some sps pics sorry phone shots till I feel up to getting the dslr out. Sps are as follows.
Banana boy blue
Hellraiser 2
Atl shades of fall
Maiden glow sunset
Blue on blue
Raspberry lemonade
Strawberry snap dragon
Aussie pink
SanJays leprechaun beard
Rainbows army
Thank you everyone involved and Adam @Battlecorals
IMAG1758.jpg
IMAG1759.jpg

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to hear that your scans are stable! Feel better soon! Will continue to pray!!!

Looking forward to more picture updates!

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMAG1766.jpg
IMAG1765.jpg
Well was looking at tank with our 14 yr old son and snapped a quick shot of the carpenter flasher wrasse with cell.

Last edited:

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 41 62.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.5%
Back