Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7434.jpeg

Olivia Wilde Reaction GIF

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So two nights ago, I decided to revamp my lighting schedule on the bigger tank. Up until now I have been all blue with a just a few hours of the Neptune Sky preset. The new program ran yesterday and by the time I got home, Dinos were popping up everywhere. :angry-face::angry-face::angry-face::angry-face::angry-face::angry-face::angry-face::angry-face:. I've been running the UV 24-7 and all of my nutrients have stayed stable in a range for months so this shouldn't be an issue. NO3 between 15 and 25 and P04 never dropping below .09 (right now it is .12). Normally I would cut the lights back down, but I've decided I'm going for a different approach that I hope doesn't suck. Im gonna ride it out and see what happens. Lets see how bad these things are going to get. Stay tuned.

dinosaur GIF

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It’s really groovy. It’s not a crusty semen blanket though. He ended up getting a new one one. It’s a CC inferno.
Not a California Sunburn either?

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino battle update:

New protocol implemented last week? (Honestly my brain is fried)
-100 micron filter sock added. Removed nightly and replaced with fresh sock.
- After lights out turkey base the rocks and stir the crap out of the sand to get as much in the water column as possible.
-rinse UV intake sponge nightly and run all evening
-turn off UV in morning and add bacto bacteria
-turn back on UV mid to late day depending if I’m home and repeat

Results: probably too early to say for sure but I think there has been some improvement.

Next step: ordering pods and start dosing phyto.

Stay tuned. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying healthier than my kiddo.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is kiddo, did he settle or still vomiting? Young kids sick is no fun. I can relate.
He made it through the night without vomiting thank god. Poor thing was puking stomach bile all day yesterday. It was happening ever 15 to 30 minutes for while. He even popped some blood vessels in his eye from heaving so hard. He is keeping liquids down today and even ate some blueberries. He hasn’t been interested in anything else. He still has a fever and is lethargic today. He hasn’t left the couch and that is from a kid who have never sat still a second in his life. I’m hopeful he will continue to improve. I’ve relaxed a little since the puking has stopped. Thanks for asking.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He made it through the night without vomiting thank god. Poor thing was puking stomach bile all day yesterday. It was happening ever 15 to 30 minutes for while. He even popped some blood vessels in his eye from heaving so hard. He is keeping liquids down today and even ate some blueberries. He hasn’t been interested in anything else. He still has a fever and is lethargic today. He hasn’t left the couch and that is from a kid who have never sat still a second in his life. I’m hopeful he will continue to improve. I’ve relaxed a little since the puking has stopped. Thanks for asking.
Poor kiddo and poor mom. Hang in there.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night was rough and I almost took him the ER. He was crying and writhing around saying his stomach hurt and then would vomit.. repeat about every 15 minutes. Of course I started to worry about maybe this is more serious than we originally thought… appendicitis? Around 9 , I got all his bedding clean and got him to sleep. He didn’t puke the rest of the night. This morning we aren’t much better. I spoke to the Ped on call which happened to be ours and he called in some anti nausea meds. Husband is picking it up now. I really hope this works.. it is torture watching him cry in pain and not be able to do anything to help it stop.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no doctor and I don't have kids so take this with a shaker of salt. Trust your gut. Your his mom and you know him best. Trust your gut. Your mom spidey sense is a mystical power that trumps any doctor.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night was rough and I almost took him the ER. He was crying and writhing around saying his stomach hurt and then would vomit.. repeat about every 15 minutes. Of course I started to worry about maybe this is more serious than we originally thought… appendicitis? Around 9 , I got all his bedding clean and got him to sleep. He didn’t puke the rest of the night. This morning we aren’t much better. I spoke to the Ped on call which happened to be ours and he called in some anti nausea meds. Husband is picking it up now. I really hope this works.. it is torture watching him cry in pain and not be able to do anything to help it stop.
If it's Zofran they prescribed it should work. I've used it for pregnancy morning sickness and also when one kid was super sick. Chewable tablet, slightly sweet like artificial sweetener, but a little chalky. Getting that to stay down for a few minutes is the hardest part .

Sending clean hugs your way, I hope your bubs feels better soon.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's Zofran they prescribed it should work. I've used it for pregnancy morning sickness and also when one kid was super sick. Chewable tablet, slightly sweet like artificial sweetener, but a little chalky. Getting that to stay down for a few minutes is the hardest part .

Sending clean hugs your way, I hope your bubs feels better soon.
It is and it did start helping.

thank god singing GIF by WE tv

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little dude slept through the night and has been eating small bits of homemade chicken noodle soup this afternoon while at home with dad.

I started to feel run down last night. My head was pounding and my throat started getting that sick feeling. I got water change in cube and dino protocol completed early and was asleep by 8 in hopes that the symptoms were just exhaustion. Woke up and its still there. :confused:. I'm at work but hoping taking it easy tonight and loading up on vitamins, throat rinses and flu bomb will knock out whatever is trying to take hold. Aint nobody got time for this.

TLDR Version: Son is improving. Our house is a germ fest. Mom is getting sick but doesn't have time to deal with that nonsense.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little dude wasn’t getting better so I took him to the doc yesterday. Turns out he also had strep throat on top of the awful stomach virus. I also tested positive for strep. We both started meds last night and both of us appear to be feeling better today. Yay!!

Now for tank stuff. Dino protocol has proven affective. There are now just a tiny amount that I really have to look for in the evening. I’m going to stay the course. Pods and phyto should be here to tomorrow and I will add those as well.

Happy reefing everyone!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back