Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the having two feet mean it's going to split? Tanks just waking up so it's polyps aren't fully extended.
20240316_061221.jpg
looking good

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I feel like an idiot and an awful fish mom! I read that I could dose the tank with peroxide to help with the algea on several sites including r2r and since I have often dosed freshwater with it for black brush algea I felt safe using it. I tried it last night with just a partial dose and it killed my Peppermint shrimp and I think also the 4 corals I had in the tank. I didn't even dose at full strength. The fish all seem to be fine but I haven't seen my hermits or snails yet and my Pincushion hasn't moved but could just be sleeping still. I am heart broken and just sick about this! I don't even know what to do now... should I do a water change to make sure there is no peroxide left or add carbon to my sump or both...

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I feel like an idiot and an awful fish mom! I read that I could dose the tank with peroxide to help with the algea on several sites including r2r and since I have often dosed freshwater with it for black brush algea I felt safe using it. I tried it last night with just a partial dose and it killed my Peppermint shrimp and I think also the 4 corals I had in the tank. I didn't even dose at full strength. The fish all seem to be fine but I haven't seen my hermits or snails yet and my Pincushion hasn't moved but could just be sleeping still. I am heart broken and just sick about this! I don't even know what to do now... should I do a water change to make sure there is no peroxide left or add carbon to my sump or both...

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Amanda, Do a 75% water change as soon as u can, even just a few gallons before church.

I overdid peroxide too, but the corals weren’t in tank.

U are the best fish mom!

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amanda, Do a 75% water change as soon as u can, even just a few gallons before church.

I overdid peroxide too, but the corals weren’t in tank.

U are the best fish mom!
I don't feel like a good fish mom right now but thank you.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my husband figured out what I did wrong dummy me did the math wrong and I way over dosed... :loudly-crying-face:
Can you do a couple gallons before church; anything would help. I don’t know if a chemipure bag would help, but it sure couldn’t hurt.

If you had a temporary tank setup, I.d say move CuC and any corals you could if you can’t do major water change till tonight

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you do a couple gallons before church; anything would help. I don’t know if a chemipure bag would help, but it sure couldn’t hurt.

If you had a temporary tank setup, I.d say move CuC and any corals you could if you can’t do major water change till tonight
Pretty sure all the cuc is dead they aren't moving at all. Did 15 gallons and I have more water mixing it's all I had in my barrel but I had 30 or so of RO water that I'm mixing.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure all the cuc is dead they aren't moving at all. Did 15 gallons and I have more water mixing it's all I had in my barrel but I had 30 or so of RO water that I'm mixing.
Remove all for sure dead CUC then so water parameters don’t go up

I’m soo sorry for your loss Amanda. Church will be a good place to feel better and your son giving u a hug will wash the day away.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wait two crabs are moving now that I turned in the lights so maybe they are ok. Maybe others will wake up soon. I don't think the snails made it...
Ok. Take all the CUC u can grab, put in bowl with fresh saltwater and within 10 minutes u will know who is alive.. if u have air stone, keep in there

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back