Mr.Reefforrest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to I request to join Rocky Mountain Reefers? I live in Denver, CO and would love to be apart of this group if possible, please! :D

Mr.Reefforrest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone looking for home grown live phyto? We are growing four species (nanno, tet, iso, and Porphyridium) so we can dose our tank every day but we end up having a lot more each week than we actually need. In Firestone.

If you’re interested hit me up!
I would love to connect on this! I live in Denver and, would love to know more on the process that you use to cultivate this as well as how much you are selling it for. :D

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to connect on this! I live in Denver and, would love to know more on the process that you use to cultivate this as well as how much you are selling it for. :D
My wife grows the phyto using the Poseiden Reef Systems reactors. She grows 2 species a week (nanno and tet one week, iso and porph the next) and we combine them into a 4-species mix. All in all we're making about 1.5-1.75 gallons a week but we only use about 1/2 gallon each week in our tank.

I'll tell you what, though, it's a huge money saver in the long run. A gallon of phyto from AlageBarn would cost around $100!

If you really are interested in buying some, DM me and we can figure something out.

ledgeco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone local have or know where I can get some live black worms? Picky copperband trying to get eating
I buy live black worms from Eastern aquatics out of pennsylvania.

Worms are cheap, shipping insane,... but it has my fish laying eggs and constantly spawning throughout the tank.

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy live black worms from Eastern aquatics out of pennsylvania.

Worms are cheap, shipping insane,... but it has my fish laying eggs and constantly spawning throughout the tank.

Where out of stock when I checked and still are looks like there is a big shortage, ended up getting some from ebay and started a culture. If anyone needs them hit me up

CloudReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, new here. Was very into reef tanks 20 years ago, but had to get out of the hobby due to moving a lot. Looking to get back into it now!

CloudReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why it's so hard to find an external overflow on a stock tank? I'm looking for a 30x24x20 tank with an external overflow and it doesn't exist without going custom. I swear there was more tank variety 20 years ago.

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CloudReefer Where external overflows a thing 20 years ago lol? Thought they where relatively new, highly recommend them though. I know SCA has some drilled for synergys overflow that you can order online, really like them. If you are interested in a quote for a completely custom planet aquariums tank let me know I can sort that out.

CloudReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anecdotally, they seemed pretty common and most reefers I knew had one on their tank. I don't know if they were actually more common then, but I can tell you even 20 years ago they were not a new thing.

Yeah man I'd be interested in seeing what PA can build for me. I'll send a PM with what I am looking for. Thanks! :)

@CloudReefer Where external overflows a thing 20 years ago lol? Thought they where relatively new, highly recommend them though. I know SCA has some drilled for synergys overflow that you can order online, really like them. If you are interested in a quote for a completely custom planet aquariums tank let me know I can sort that out.

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anecdotally, they seemed pretty common and most reefers I knew had one on their tank. I don't know if they were actually more common then, but I can tell you even 20 years ago they were not a new thing.

Yeah man I'd be interested in seeing what PA can build for me. I'll send a PM with what I am looking for. Thanks! :)
Wish they where more common now, next tank I get will definitely have one the amount of extra space is so nice.

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name: Jim
Location: Colorado Springs - Aug/Sept Moving from SE Wisconsin
Time in Hobby: 8yr
Current Tank(s): 75g mixed reef (OCEANIC from 1995) 6.7 QT, 3g/sump DIY build in process

After move I plan to up my game setting up a new IM 100EXT. Been watching the sales but do not think they will stick thru Aug. Possibly Labor day or Black Friday ???

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name: Jim
Location: Colorado Springs - Aug/Sept Moving from SE Wisconsin
Time in Hobby: 8yr
Current Tank(s): 75g mixed reef (OCEANIC from 1995) 6.7 QT, 3g/sump DIY build in process

After move I plan to up my game setting up a new IM 100EXT. Been watching the sales but do not think they will stick thru Aug. Possibly Labor day or Black Friday ???
I had the first IM 50 EXT. I won it in a pre release giveaway they did a few months before they came out. there pretty nice tanks I had it for about 2 years

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name - Chris
Location - Colorado Springs
Time in hobby - 20+ Years
Tanks currently - 50 gallon Goni/Euphi , 65 gallon Seahorse , 125 gallon Freshwater Discus , 150 gallon SPS and does a large Koi pond count.
Yeah I think a Koi pond counts
Tyler
South Denver
3 Years
75g mixed reef
I also work at MC Aquatics! Just opened December 5th. We will be adding a lot of coral in the coming months. Come check us out!
Whats the address?

Evergreen Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, appreciate all the valuable posts! If anyone is in Evergreen/Conifer and want a few awesome corals let me know. I now have to travel 4 out of 5 weeks, and this is too much. Fully loaded 32g cube with heavy mods. Mushrooms, Zoas, frogspawn, clpve polyps, etc. Thanks!

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone in the Colorado Springs area?
Moved from SE WI in August. Wasn't worth moving old 75g with hang on equipment so going bigger and better.
Build Thread coming soon. Presently working on plumbing and DIY sump.
SG Aquarium: 120g with 16" Synergy External Overflow & stand.
DIY Sump: 40g breeder with 5 chamber Refugium Baffle kit off ebay. jax.racks

1698439394234.png
1698439458307.png

ReeferCO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name: Todd
Time in Hobby: 5 years
Current Tank(s): 75g mixed reef/13.5 nano

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back