OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this rock setup. I'm starting up my Aquapod 24 again and will be "stealing" this for a similar look! Its going to be a while, as I have to cycle the dried live rock, but very nice.
Thank you very much. I am very flattered that you are going for a similar look. I will be tuned in to your build!

TPetty84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm personally a fan of inverts. They add a lot of movement to the tank. Coral banded shrimp are real cool looking, emerald crabs, etc. I also had a couple skunk cleaner shrimp in one of my previous tanks and when I put my finger to them they would pick under my nails "cleaning" for me. I know, its weird, but pretty cool

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm personally a fan of inverts. They add a lot of movement to the tank. Coral banded shrimp are real cool looking, emerald crabs, etc. I also had a couple skunk cleaner shrimp in one of my previous tanks and when I put my finger to them they would pick under my nails "cleaning" for me. I know, its weird, but pretty cool

I adore inverts! I already have a cleaner shrimp and 2 peppermint shrimp. I have a few hermits but they don't have as much personality. An emerald crab would be good cause they're cute (in a homely sort of way) and I do have some bubble algae. Maybe an arrowhead crab, I've never had one of them! Do you know if they are reef safe?

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a little more birthday $ to contribute to reef fund. The LFS that I go to hasn't had new shipments for awhile since it has been so cold. Hoping they will have some new stuff soon.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank, I like the scape

Thank you, appreciate the encouraging words!

Looks great! Nice balance to the tank.

Thanks, I still have so much to learn about reefs, but I guess maintenancing FOWLR tanks for a lfs I worked at with the bleaching and re-scaping every several months helped give me an eye for it.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a little more birthday $ to contribute to reef fund. The LFS that I go to hasn't had new shipments for awhile since it has been so cold. Hoping they will have some new stuff soon.

Ok, my gift certificates were burning a hole in my pocket! So today at the LFS I came home with a long tentacled torch, a sand sifting goby, and a royal gramma. Maybe I can take pics tomorrow.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photos Feb 2014

I have a soft spot for anything that waves in the current! The long tentacled torch was one of my purchases with birthday $.

Attachments

• 100_7999.jpg
    100_7999.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 100_8002.jpg
    100_8002.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 100_8003.jpg
    100_8003.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_8007.jpg
    100_8007.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 203

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back