vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score on the torch.

I love the new torch. I bought the shorter tentacled torch beside it awhile back and it was sickly right from the get go. Three heads died right away and I didn't think it was going to make it. I moved it around trying to find a place it liked and fed it. Finally it seems pretty healthy now. It never did get the long flowing tentacles that I like though.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shrimp looks fat and sassy. Any luck with the Royal Gramma pic?

No, I am worried about the royal gramma. I been feeding twice a day and pretty heavily but I haven't seen the royal grammar for 2 days. Last night I checked my overflow thinking maybe he was in the box but no luck. He was a very healthy looking fish, so I have to believe he is just hiding but that is not a good situation either.. The sleeper goby seems to be adjusting well, coming out and eating so I'm happy about that.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no royal gramma. I am beginning to fear the worst.. I did make another trip to the LFS and picked up some acans and a feather duster. Everything dipped, acclimated and placed in the DT. Will take pics in a day or so.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain :( Got up this morning and found my new Aurora Goby 2 feet from the tank on my end table. Totally dried out! I'm still in shock. Both from the fact that he's gone and wondering HITH did he jump that far?

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain :( Got up this morning and found my new Aurora Goby 2 feet from the tank on my end table. Totally dried out! I'm still in shock. Both from the fact that he's gone and wondering HITH did he jump that far?

Ah Nana, I am very sorry. . New fish are so hard to add to an established system. Its not easy for them to find their place in the hierarchy of the tank. I almost feel guilty telling you this but this morning I found the royal gramma in my sump. I fed him and he happily ate.

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad that you found your gramma. Better than where I found one of my clowns this morning:squigglemouth:.... He decided to go carpet surfing.

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not nearly as upset as I was when I found him. Actually the other clown doesn't seem the least bit concerned.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a new twist to my fish drama. A month or more ago I had bought a yasha high fin goby. It was doing well but disappeared after a week or so. I figured my gigantic red serpent star fish had goby dinner. I sold the serpent star and then bought the sleeper goby and royal gramma. Well, while I was removing the rubble rock in my sump in the first chamber to get the gramma, guess who else was in there? Yes, the goby. He was bigger than when I first bought him, I guess he was pigging out on pods which are plentiful in the rubble rock. I guess I better put a piece of foam in the top of my overflow to discourage fish that are adrenaline junkies from going over.

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks beautiful. If I may ask what type of camera and lens are you using to take these pictures?

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks beautiful. If I may ask what type of camera and lens are you using to take these pictures?

Thank you regarding the tank. My camera is nothing fancy, just a point and shoot Kodak easy share C180.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can hear them yelling KOWABUNGA!!!
Glad to hear you found the goby.

Ok, I shouldn't be hearing KOWABUNGA any time soon. I have aquarium pad blocking the inside teeth of the overflow. I'm such a kill joy. The gramma and the goby are in the DT in a baby net. This gramma must be especially shy because it even hides behind the rubble rock I have in there. It is eating though which makes me happy. The yasha goby seems well adjusted. The sleeper goby in the conch is also extremely shy. I began using a syringe to squirt food in his conch. He was very skinny when I got him and can't afford to lose any weight.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O yeah, I forgot to mention much to my horror there was an aptaisia on the tube of my feather duster! He (aptaisia) got the kalkwasser solution down his mouth treatment. So here's hoping that's the end of him!!!!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated FTS and new corals

Here is how my tank looks at present with the new acans, feather duster and fish. The yasha goby comes out but the royal gramma is still shy as is the sleeper goby.

Attachments

• 100_8069.jpg
    100_8069.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_8064.jpg
    100_8064.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_8072.jpg
    100_8072.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_8060.jpg
    100_8060.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 167

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back