OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heavy feedings is starting to make more algae on the sand. I will have to be careful not to create a problem although I want the new fish to have access to food. More WCs I guess.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look who I found!!! :bigsmile:

Attachments

• 100_8076.jpg
    100_8076.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 187
OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
++1 to all new (and old) additions!! Those are some sweet acans you got there.

I'm so glad you found them!!!! :) yay!!!

Thanks Diamond and Hawkfish, its always disturbing when fish just disappear in your rock work never to be seen again, so it was very awesome to find them both in good health. Yes, I like the acans too. My LFS has very nice corals even though they don't deal in any of the real exotic stuff. I used to work there so I still get a nice discount which is really sweet too!

TPetty84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad the gramma showed back up! I had a sixline wrasse missing for 9 months, wouldn't even be seen during feeding. I looked high and low, had a secure lid on the tank and nothing. Then one day, he just appeared again. Very weird

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad the gramma showed back up! I had a sixline wrasse missing for 9 months, wouldn't even be seen during feeding. I looked high and low, had a secure lid on the tank and nothing. Then one day, he just appeared again. Very weird
Maybe you should name him Rip Van Winkle. 9 months seems about the equivalent fish years of a 20 year snooze!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of names my new grammar needs one. All my fish have names although the goby was gone so long I had trouble remembering what his was...Snorkel, cause of the hi fin on his back. Any ideas for the Royal Grammar?

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your welcome!! Hope KB is over his thrill seeking days.

KB has no choice, at least dealing with the overflow. I bought an aqua clear filter and put it inside the overflow box thus blocking the teeth. Let's just hope he doesn't take up carpet surfing!!!!!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! A piece of serenity indeed.

Thank you for the kind words. Your tank is going to be awesome too. I'm anxious to see it once the water clears up. I kept my rock a couple of inches away from the glass, it helps with maintenance. There are some really good threads on aquascape ideas on this forum that you can check out if you need inspiration.

evan.lundberg4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice little tank your have there. I too have a soft spot for LPS corals. I'm hoping to get my 20 gallon setup just like this once I get my SPS tank all situated. AlsoI love that you do water changes with tap water. Many many ways to run a tank. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice little tank your have there. I too have a soft spot for LPS corals. I'm hoping to get my 20 gallon setup just like this once I get my SPS tank all situated. AlsoI love that you do water changes with tap water. Many many ways to run a tank. Keep up the good work.

Wow, I checked out your 80g SPS tank. Very nice. I bet you love having a tank that is that deep, being able to build a low flat scape. Perfect for light loving corals with high flow...and you don't even have to get your whole arm wet! Great job.

evan.lundberg4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I checked out your 80g SPS tank. Very nice. I bet you love having a tank that is that deep, being able to build a low flat scape. Perfect for light loving corals with high flow...and you don't even have to get your whole arm wet! Great job.

Thank you for the compliment. That is the result of having battled the infamous 55 gallon tank floor over a year :p the wide, shallow dimensions are why I picked the tank. It is a work in progress.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the compliment. That is the result of having battled the infamous 55 gallon tank floor over a year :p the wide, shallow dimensions are why I picked the tank. It is a work in progress.

I am old enough to remember when a 55g was considered a large aquarium! The 12" depth certainly presents challenges with scaping it for corals. I imagine the corals in the top portion of the tank grow and shade the rest of the corals. I am happy that you have a more suitable tank now.☺

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Friday I have some new friends coming to live in my tank.....one is a pistol shrimp and the other is an algae eating sea cucumber. I am hoping Snorkel, my yasha goby will pair with the pistol shrimp. The shrimp may even stir the sand up a bit at least near his burrow and that would be good. The sea cucumber should be good for my DSB too. Sometimes its tricky to find creatures who will help stir the sandbed without eating everything in it that is good. I am excited!

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to seeing the new guys. I thought about a pistol shrimp and goby for mine but I think it might be a bit much for the tank.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 63 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back