vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures as promised!

The first pic is the pistol shrimp with a curly que anemone that came with it. The next pic is the sea cucumber. Hermit the Horrible is in the 3rd frame and the last photo is Ruth the serpent star.

Attachments

• 100_8184.jpg
    100_8184.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 100_8198.jpg
    100_8198.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_8200.jpg
    100_8200.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_8185.jpg
    100_8185.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 159
OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! that shrimp looks cool! :smile: glad they arrived healthy! how many fish do you have?

I have 6 fish now. 4 leftovers, (a pair of lyretail anthias, a tomato clown and a purple firefish goby) from 90g and the royal gramma and yasha goby.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, so much for the best laid plans of mice and men. I found the Sheriff this morning- snug as a bug in a rug nestled in next to the curly-que anemone he came with! No doubt it was a glorious reunion and now I even feel guilty for trying to create a love triangle!!! So its all good- well except that they set up house on the same side of the tank that Jacque, the cleaner shrimp resides. I was target feeding the anemone anyway so hopefully they will be so well fed that the Sheriff doesn't get a craving for shrimp dinner!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cukes as I have dubbed the sea cucumber thinks he's an inch worm. He has attached himself to the glass and is curled up like an inch worm. I thought he was supposed to sift through the sand? He next to the sand so I guess I'll let him figure it out.

ManOfSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the pictures Dawn! It's so cool you called him the Sheriff! Oh no I hope he's not scouting out Jacque. And was that a snap of your sump with Ruth and Hermit the horrible? If so that's a cozy looking sump!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of the Sheriff in his den with the anemone. Micah, I included a full sump shot. Since its only a 10g sump it is cozy but Ruth and Hermit the Horrible have the fuge chamber which is 2/3s of the sump. Ok, the workmanship isn't as pretty as most on this forum but hey, what do you want from a middle age woman? And I might be being generous when I use the term "middle age"!!!!! LOL

Attachments

• 100_8231.jpg
    100_8231.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 100_8234.jpg
    100_8234.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 211

ManOfSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL hey if it works, it works! I think it's awesome. Lots of comfy places for the banished creatures. Haha the Sheriff in the saloon. Awesome.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby, my clown fish has the very annoying habit of swishing the sand with his tail every night and trenching an area under the brain. So every morn I have to reach in the tank and smooth the sand bed back out. Its infuriating. If I hadn't raised Baby from an egg I'd be tempted to find him a new home!

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sheriff looks like he's makin himself at home.
By the way it's kinda refreshing to see a functional sump that doesn't look like it just came out off the set of a sci-fi flick.
I LIKE IT!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha awwww that's cute... Does he have an anemone?

No Baby doesn't have an anemone and I love them. I'd get a nice RBTA if I wasn't afraid of it parking itself somewhere it would sting my other corals. Baby is hosting the brain now which isn't ideal either but the brain seems ok.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sheriff looks like he's makin himself at home.
By the way it's kinda refreshing to see a functional sump that doesn't look like it just came out off the set of a sci-fi flick.
I LIKE IT!

The Sheriff has settled himself in nicely. My pics don't show the curly que anemone very well but its also in that den. I am worried that its not getting enough light but I'm target feeding it so hopefully it'll be ok. It looked bleached when it arrived so maybe it doesn't even want to much light yet. You hit the nail on the head when you said my sump is 'functional'. It serves its purpose well but is by no means a 'show' piece. Hey, that's why there is a door on my stand. LOL

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I was reading more about curly que anemones. Turns out they are related to aiptasia!!!! They should only be fed twice a week or they can multiply. If they get large they will eat small fish and shrimp which is even worse than what aiptasia does.. You can bet I will be watching that guy very closely and make sure he behaves himself.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I went to the LFS to buy dog food but I had to browse the salt water section. They just got a new shipment and had a lot of temptations. I spied the cutest Midas blenny I have ever seen, it has a face as sweet as a puppy dog. It was more than I wanted to spend but I just couldn't resist it. I already know that I'm gonna name him King Midas- he's a bigger size so calling him King suits.

Back