Duncan coral growing slowly

sarces

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For coleb... I'm going to take a different approach I'm very new to salt water and aquariums in general... my tank has been set up for 3 years and I have had the same issue as you. bought a Duncan head 2 years ago and till recently a friend suggested that I would check alk more often sure enough it was on the low side at 7... it had been at 7 for ever but when I raised it up in a few months it started to grow... so check on that I know there will be lots of ppl stating that stability is the name of the game and I follow that till now... but keep in mind if u r going to raise it do it slowly to dramatic of a change and so will many ppl tell you is a recipe for disaster. I hope it helps I'm still learning.

loyushenh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
US yet

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421919249631.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421919249631.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 343

wolfenstein87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a smaller colony that I just moved from my nano. It is about half way up the tank where it receives more of an under flow of the current. The colony I have at work has about 20 polyps and gets almost a direct blast from my power head when it's on and loves it. Just play around with location and see where it tends to do best.

Please ignore the algae. This talk is fairly new and still going through some growing pains.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422124118.994262.jpg

alexedeltoro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I have some help. I can't get my three clownfish to STOP rubbing against my flower pot coral. They are messing it up and I can't view the coral open any more. Sorry I can't post any pics it won't let me

schneid0c

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine started off with one head within 6 months it has grown like 8-11 more. i have it on sand bed under leds with low to medium random flow. i have noticed my clowns will nip it every once in awhile. i love it one of my favorite corals.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a smaller colony that I just moved from my nano. It is about half way up the tank where it receives more of an under flow of the current. The colony I have at work has about 20 polyps and gets almost a direct blast from my power head when it's on and loves it. Just play around with location and see where it tends to do best.

Please ignore the algae. This talk is fairly new and still going through some growing pains.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422124118.994262.jpg

That's a Duncan?

wolfenstein87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, the stalk is still very short. I believe this one has about 5 heads on it. It was originally in my 12g nano at work but decided to move it into the big tank seeing that I have another duncan colony with 20 heads in the nano already.

OP
OP
C

Coleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everybody there are already two new heads growing
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1422395327.272142.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back