Finding Dory Petition to educate the audience

twobytwo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude it is a movie. Do you also want disclaimers for movies that have smoking, drinking, sex, fast driving, guns or anything else that someone might not like. I for one won't sign it.

So, kind of like the existing disclaimers for TV shows that have smoking, drinking, sex, guns and foul language? Or the factors that make up much of the motion picture rating system? These things already exist so I don't understand what your point is... You have to be trolling, right?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should also keep in mind that the original was made 13 years ago. So the 8-10 year Olds that saw that movie and wanted the fish (and got it) are going to see finding dory with their little ones,and their kid will ask for the same fish. And when they do the parents will hopefully remember what a bad idea it was back when they were a kid and tell them so.

I worked for a lfs years back and I had tons of ppl asking me questions about keeping said fish. And when I gave them the answer they quickly changed their minds. But for every 10 of those ppl, there was the 1 that didn't care and still wanted it. Of course I refused sale haha.

Angler and Eels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, kind of like the existing disclaimers for TV shows that have smoking, drinking, sex, guns and foul language? Or the factors that make up much of the motion picture rating system? These things already exist so I don't understand what your point is... You have to be trolling, right?

Half of those disclaimers don't exist. They just mention what is in the movie but doesn't tell people what to do. It will say this movie contains violence and sex. They don't have a intro with someone lecturing you not to be violent and use a condom when having sex. The Fast and Furious series should have a into stating that driving fast is dangerous. They can make an animation with the crash dummies.

This movie is rated R for containing fish.

OP
OP
Pola0502ds

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RevhTree
Thanks for your support, that is huge and means a lot.

I will be thinking about this as the days go on and will come up with something..

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what your trying to do and I appreciate that but it is Disney and it will never happen. The last thing we ''the Reefing community'' needs is anymore bad light shed on this hobby/lifestyle and that is exactly what this will do. It's up to the LFS to educate the customer on the fish they are trying to buy. Some will say no and I know many will say yes but unfortunately that is just the way it is.

OP
OP
Pola0502ds

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats why this needs to be a well thought-out process. Maybe this is not the best idea, maybe it is.

FL_Reefer brought up a good point, we need to disect this idea to pieces and find out all the reasons why we shouldn't do it and then all the reason why should. Then at that point we can see how to move forward. I can't do this by myself, i need feedback from everyone so please comment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In my thoughts today i was thinking we need some sort of a movement. In my part of the woods motorcycling is pretty big and on almost every street and on the back of a lot of cars there are signs and stickers that say "watch for motorcyclists" or something to that effect. First there was only a few and now its just blown up, im sure you have seen then. Ill tell ya what, IT WORKS! This hobby needs something like that at all LFS. Maybe some sort of a chart that lists fish and tank size. Or maybe it is a bumper stick er and logo on internet and local stores? Anything is better than nothing.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just make cakes out of the fish I can't have, next will be Dory.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1454627497.698467.jpg

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Dory was an eel would we be having the same reaction? IMO a pbt in anything under a 150g is wrong.

thenanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta believe that no on in their right mind would spend upwards of $100-$200, for a fish and a crappy set up to house the fish. At least this is what I want to believe. I second the earlier post that said this is unnecessary.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude it is a movie. Do you also want disclaimers for movies that have smoking, drinking, sex, fast driving, guns or anything else that someone might not like. I for one won't sign it.

Don't understand what you are trying to achieve by attacking someone that have an idea with a concern. I think Pola have a valid point and if you don't like it than don't agree but don't try to bring another person down over what your views are. Yes I will sign and I think it's a great idea.

BlueDiamondDiscus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is the hysterical frenzy.For example i watched a project named Chickenosaurus(you know;an example)for the market.A chicken with ancestral raptor traits.I'm sure in 10 years that kids will yell to parents to buy the dinosaur.And for the subject;since cultured yellow tangs will mark the demise for freshwater aquaria;the movie should make a 15 minute special for educational purposes.Can someone make a petition for culturing hippo tangs too?RC Hawaii or what company breed them.You know that finding nemo is responsable to breeding that quantity of small ornamental marine fish and corals.Modern aquaria it's more interesting than fw.Who agree?

OP
OP
Pola0502ds

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to Reef2Reef for posting this thread on Facebook, maybe it will get more attention.

I think my next baby-step is going to contact the guys at Reef Threads and see if that can mention this situation on their podcast.

Regarding my last post, I'd like to see people comment on the negatives...

BlueDiamondDiscus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The negatives aren't .Maybe idiots who grow guppies for the first time to buy hippo hepatus.Maybe i'm wrong.The negatives are overwhelming the coral farms.I say to create a petition for culturing yellow tangs in large masses or hepatus quickly.

BlueDiamondDiscus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And don't accuse each other.That's a friendly forum.It will worth probably the "creation" of new designer clowns.Panda Clowns will be bough on market this spring.So when that sequel will come?

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe sending the petition to Ellen, as well as, the studio. You are going to need a champion that has some sort of standing with the studio. Maybe try contacting her show...

mcmc1717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they should just put a side note at the bottom/end of the posters/trailers/summary that says: Do not put these fish in aquariums under 75 gallons. And for more information consult your local fish store manager.

Dunnman39

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disney is all for saving animals. Myself being a huge disney fan knows a lot about it. If this gets enough attention it may just work. Reaching out to Ellen is a very good idea also.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back