For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what I hear you saying is GHL is being polite by not responding because they really don’t give a crap about the questions and saying anything would be insincere. ;)
No I think we are in agreement that Vinny cannot say anything. It would be nice if Mathias stepped in and said something but I would imagine he has no interest. This brings me to another gripe with the whole EU vs USA system. I am not use to companies in the EU asking for deposit funding on products that are under development. That is a very recent and unique thing in American culture and while It has spread to Europe my point is that under these systems you either deliver on time or you plead for more time or you just go out of business. I don't think it's reasonable for GHL to adopt a US GoFund me system and then decide that they are going to treat the customers with the typical European support system. You cant have it both ways.

Last edited:

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you have an Apex or a Profilux or both? Do you have a KHD? Have you ordered an IOD ? There are so many mixed things coming from your posts I'm unsure exactly what your position is.

I haven't see any posts resembling the issues you have had on the most popular UK reefing forums.
I have both, I run my Apex on my current system and the plan was to run GHL on the new upgrade which is coming in December.
Yes I have ordered an Ion as indicated in my posts and yes I have a KHD, no my posts aren’t mixed - anything else you’d like clarifying that’s not relevant? Shoe size is 12, I don’t particularly like pizza, I have a golden doodle called Henry whose a bit overweight
Also I don’t see what relevance it is to this thread whether I’ve posted on uk forums or not. I have but that was mainly due to setup issues I was having, in general I haven’t had a technical issue just like this isn’t a technical issue it’s a customer service issue

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life’s too short to care about a device that really has no bearing on anything other making your life a bit easier looking after your reef and I really do hope everyone that sticks with GHL and gets an ion director is really happy with it. Personally for me I’d rather not use a company who treat their customers like mushrooms. Right I’m off to upset some Apex fan boys

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also remember when the first Taco Bell opened up on base. 2-3 hours waits were common for the first month.
I remember that too. Ramstein right? I remember driving from spandahlem to ramstein during our hour long lunch break. 260 km/h on the autobahn just to make it back in time seemed so normal back then.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember that too. Ramstein right? I remember driving from spandahlem to ramstein during our hour long lunch break. 260 km/h on the autobahn just to make it back in time seemed so normal back then.

Yeah. I went to England for a work trip and it was the same thing up there. Crazy what we would do for a bit of "home."

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply because I like this forum, it’s very active. The GHL forum is very quiet and I dont think there is a representative on the uk forum. I’ve asked the uk distributor they couldn’t help, I’ve asked on GHLs Facebook page and wasn’t answered as well. I’m not barking at anyone, it was just a simple question that GHL chose to ignore, that’s fine they are entitled to do so but personally I don’t want to invest in a company that behaves in that manner

I get this, being Dutch I know the local distributor is of no value. Don't really use facebook so can't comment on that but do know from experience GHL is responsive on their own forum, especially the German section.
The point I tried to make is tagging someone 3 days in a row for an answer isn't very polite. Just consider how busy somebody might be when a pandemic hits some of the employees. Would you be dealing with forum posts, facebook postings, or any other types of messages that aren't directly related to operating your business if that is what you only have time for?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point I tried to make is tagging someone 3 days in a row for an answer isn't very polite. Just consider how busy somebody might be when a pandemic hits some of the employees. Would you be dealing with forum posts, facebook postings, or any other types of messages that aren't directly related to operating your business if that is what you only have time for?

I don't know about him but my Answer would be Yes, Yes, Yes!
If a company is no longer replying on Facebook then they should just put up a notice on the Facebook home page that they are not using Facebook for the next few months. If your not going to Answer on R2R then put a sticky at the Top stating we cannot offer support via R2R for the next few months but you have to have at least one method of contact that at least works and not only works when they feel like getting around to it but works like a typical American company where they guarantee they will get back to you within 1 to 2 days.

So this comes back to the core of my argument which is that you cannot have it both ways. You cannot be open for business when it comes to sales and then closed when it comes to customer support. GHL has been playing that game now for the last three months and it's not working for them. I am pretty sure a lot of potential GHL customers are looking at this thread and having second thoughts about doing business with GHL. They have got to fix this and do it fast. I don't want to see GHL lose out in North America but they cannot succeed if this is how they deal with NA customers.

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but works like an American company where we guarantee we will get back to you with 1 or sometimes 2 days.
As I indicate in my post above - that general statement is not valid

Sincerely Lasse

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting that there is comparisons between European and US companies according to how they handle customers in this thread. I start this thread 5 days ago - still waiting for response :D

Sincerely Lasse
Lasse I have had technical questions like that for Hanna and I can tell you that you are asking in the wrong place. Hanna has a massive telephone support system but on the forums it is just for basic procedures and returns, there are no chemist working the forums.

When I had my problem I called Hanna's support line and got through in 30 seconds. I told the guy the problem and within 1 minute I was transferred to a Chemist. He was able to answer my question in about 5 minutes and even emailed me some additional info.

So I suggest you give them a call.
Here is the number: 401-765-7500 ext. 198.

I did not even have to wait a day I was finished in ten minutes. That is what I mean. A company must offer some method for the customer to get a reply within 1 - 2 days. Especially a controller company.

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse check your Hanna post. I just had an online chat with them and posted what they said.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back