For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow. Here I thought this was like an improved kh director with added test.
Two different types of technology are used. The iondirector could be expended in the future with a different probe though.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can't have an alk probe because dKH is a measurement of buffering ability, not an actual element.

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not need a doorstop - you have just knock at an open door with your posts :D:D:D:D:D

I´m sorry - I could not resist - I´m from Gothenburg - the Liverpool of Sweden :p:p

Sincerely Lasse

you then need to you the word 'boss' a lot more and you can be an honourary scouser

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @jim_fitz's post was meant to be sarcastic. But yes, it seems pretty good to me - I mean calcium, magnesium and nitrate were essentially bang on. Worth bearing in mind that the margin of error is not just on the Ion Director - that reference fluid will itself have an error margin. On that basis the accuracy seems seriously impressive. Also 5 ml per test too, that's less than manual testing. Chunky sensor cable for the sensor!

Yep, pretty good. Also, the reported results of the test article were quantified by ICP-MS which, despite the heavy marketing, is hardly the best method for quantifying elements in solution, and will have an associated margin of error. Of course GHL will know that and it's probably just for comparison to a technology that reefers are already familiar with.

On another note, have GHL said what is actually being measured for the reported nitrate value?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you then need to you the word 'boss' a lot more and you can be an honourary scouser
Dey do do dat dough, don't dey dough
When Googling what in heck you mean I have learn a good phrase

Eh! Eh! Alright! Alright! Calm down! Calm down!

We have the same meaning in our own dialect "lugna ner er nu, gubbar"

This guy is from Gothenburg He played in Liverpool 30 years ago

Sincerely Lasse

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When Googling what in heck you mean I have learn a good phrase

Eh! Eh! Alright! Alright! Calm down! Calm down!

We have the same meaning in our own dialect "lugna ner er nu, gubbar"

This guy is from Gothenburg He played in Liverpool 30 years ago

Sincerely Lasse

Glenn Hysen was the captain at the match I mentioned. I still have the tangerine UEFA final scarf somewhere...

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it testing potassium twice?
Hmm how do you know that?
You did make me watch the video a second time and some new thoughts came to mind.
Looking at the pumps and also thinking about what the chamber seems to hold I assume it uses 5ml of each of the calibration fluids before each test. The bottles look like they are 500ml bottles so that means that if my guesses are right you get 100 tests per set. I would normally only test the water daily since this is not ALK but it still has to be a reasonable amount of money for the calibration fluid. The number one item I am waiting on is how long do the probes last and how much do they cost. I know they threw out numbers before but I suspect that the probe on the final version will not be the same one.

eliasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm how do you know that?
Robby, I was actually being a bit of a smart ****! Clearly an oversight on the video. They've listed potassium twice and missed calcium! Not to sound facetious, but you think with all the spare time they had "waiting" for the patent issue to be resolved, they could have proofed the slides.

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 3.23.46 pm.png

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robby, I was actually being a bit of a smart ****! Clearly an oversight on the video. They've listed potassium twice and missed calcium! Not to sound facetious, but you think with all the spare time they had "waiting" for the patent issue to be resolved, they could have proofed the slides.

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 3.23.46 pm.png
You have a keen eye, I did not even notice that. :)

Kazumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't say what I really want to, but if you go to their website they have the prices for the probe and solutions.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand the cloak and dagger.

Heres what's on their website for the us market

Screenshot_20201115-080744_Chrome.jpg
What cloak and dagger stuff are you seeing?
I suspect that the price and lifespan of the ION probe may change if they are now using a different probe. The 6-18 month probe life has always bothered me. If it's 18 months when doing two tests per day that would be fine. We will have to wait and see what the final specs are like.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't say what I really want to, but if you go to their website they have the prices for the probe and solutions.
I don't see a price for the solution, what is it?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back