Get a Full Color Touch Screen for your Neptune Apex for just $50!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this work also on the Gold??

Yes, and it will work with any Apex because Apex Fusion is a responsive web app.

So $40 and where do I order it from, any online or can I get it from my LFS too?
Order from www.amazon.com/fire

It’s a nice option, but I prefer my laptop or cell phone. I really like the simple LED display.
That is why we still provide them and dropped the price to $99

question, can you calibrate the Apex DoS through the fusion interface or do you have to have the actual display? What about virtual outlets?
Yes, you can calibrate it through the local dashboard. You can access the local dashboard from the tablet as well. Also, in the new Apex, 99% of all of the functions will be available via Apex Fusion and the local dashboard got a facelift to look more like Apex Fusion.

Any clean flush wall mount options for these?
There are some nice options out there that are universal (including some acrylic versions), but I dont think there are any specifically for the Fire 7".

Can you get the apex's IP address without having the stock display?
Yes, use a computer and the firmware updater to search for your Apex and get the IP

I broke mine and wanted to do this exact thing anyway. Access through fusion is spotty for me though so is the access to the classic dashboard more of a reliable connection?
Local access is usually fairly reliable, however you should make sure that the issue is not home-network related.

This wouldn't work to completely replace the display on older apexs', correct? You would still need the display to set up and to update firmware?
No, you could run the classic dashboard on a computer or this tablet and access other things like probe calibration and network set up from there.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question, can you calibrate the Apex DoS through the fusion interface or do you have to have the actual display? What about virtual outlets?

The setup guide says to use the display, and is the only way i was successful. Trying to do it via the classic webpages, where it has controls for calibration, never worked at all. The pumps just didn't even respond.

Yes, you can calibrate it through the local dashboard. You can access the local dashboard from the tablet as well.

Mine never worked, and I was even on the phone with you folks about it. Calibration via the display worked like a charm, though I probably spent 20 minutes calibrating 3 DOS/6 heads.

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and it will work with any Apex because Apex Fusion is a responsive web app.

Order from www.amazon.com/fire

That is why we still provide them and dropped the price to $99

Yes, you can calibrate it through the local dashboard. You can access the local dashboard from the tablet as well. Also, in the new Apex, 99% of all of the functions will be available via Apex Fusion and the local dashboard got a facelift to look more like Apex Fusion.

There are some nice options out there that are universal (including some acrylic versions), but I dont think there are any specifically for the Fire 7".

Local access is usually fairly reliable, however you should make sure that the issue is not home-network related.

No, you could run the classic dashboard on a computer or this tablet and access other things like probe calibration and network set up from there.

I was just told from a Neptune rep that I need the display for the Apex Jr for setup, if it needs to be re-setup for some reason and to update firmware. Is this not true?

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha
I was just told from a Neptune rep that I need the display for the Apex Jr for setup, if it needs to be re-setup for some reason and to update firmware. Is this not true?
Having the display certainly makes certain, infrequent, tasks more easy. Calibration and network configuration are two I can think of. That said, if you have a fixed, static IP for your Apex and you have a tablet or computer set up close to the aquarium, the classic dashboard works just fine.

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha

Having the display certainly makes certain, infrequent, tasks more easy. Calibration and network configuration are two I can think of. That said, if you have a fixed, static IP for your Apex and you have a tablet or computer set up close to the aquarium, the classic dashboard works just fine.

That's a shame to hear now as I would have sold the display.

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a basement sump so I use two of the standard displays.

But it's tempting to get a dedicated tablet.

cobraz

Zoo Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL - 39.95 plus 9.04 credit on site + free shipping. for just over $32.00 with shipping.... SCORE.
Thanks Terence.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sad to hear the classic dashboard looks more like fusion. Ugghhhh who's favorite color is orange? Then add silver. Neptune user for 15 years but everything is getting almost too hard to look at.
How about skins for everything? Hardware and gui.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sad to hear the classic dashboard looks more like fusion. Ugghhhh who's favorite color is orange? Then add silver. Neptune user for 15 years but everything is getting almost too hard to look at.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a "black box" on each of the flying airplane out there.. what color do you think is the correct color of those "black box"? :)

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my Kindle Fire today. Followed your instructions to get Dolphin browser installed no problem. When I try to use the local Apex dashboard as my display, the individual Temp, pH, ORP, etc do not display their individual graphs.

It is working fine in Silk browser, and I even installed Chrome and it works fine there too...except I cant go full screen/no address bar with these. Any idea why they wont render properly in Dolphin?

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back