OP
OP
C

cudafishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone my name is Todd I'm new to the saltwater hobby. Traveled for many years for my union trade couldn't enjoy my hobbies. Now I'm retired and started a new 55 gallon tank. I will probably have a lot of questions so I'm happy to have found this forum! Thanks to you all! Really enjoy the beautiful projects
I have a question I just installed a Coraline 65 skimmer do I still need to run the filter that came with my aquarium?

OP
OP
C

cudafishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Todd and welcome to R2R and retirement. My hubby just retired this past year too. Aquarium keeping can be such a satisfying hobby and there are many ways to enjoy it. That is where a forum such as R2R is so helpful so you can explore what works well for you.

Let me introduce you to a thread that shares about minimalist reef keeping. Different folks share how they keep their tanks with less equipment using more biological methods. This may not be where your interests lie but it's at least worth checking out.
Thank you!

OP
OP
C

cudafishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Todd and welcome to R2R and retirement. My hubby just retired this past year too. Aquarium keeping can be such a satisfying hobby and there are many ways to enjoy it. That is where a forum such as R2R is so helpful so you can explore what works well for you.

Let me introduce you to a thread that shares about minimalist reef keeping. Different folks share how they keep their tanks with less equipment using more biological methods. This may not be where your interests lie but it's at least worth checking out.
It is very much my serenity now helps so much with my sobriety venture!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very much my serenity now helps so much with my sobriety venture!
Yes, a reef tank is serene for me as well and being able to control anxiety can surely help with sobriety too. Best of luck to you!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I worked on the Shell Chem Plant in Pittsburg area for 4 years lived in Aliquippa!
I have lived in the north hills of Pittsburgh my entire life, ( which is a lot of years, LOL)! I have been to Aliquippa a few times.
So did you have a favorite Pgh sports team? I am a Pens fan myself.

OP
OP
C

cudafishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lived in the north hills of Pittsburgh my entire life, ( which is a lot of years, LOL)! I have been to Aliquippa a few times.
So did you have a favorite Pgh sports team? I am a Pens fan myself.
I went to a few Pirates games and Steelers games had a great time in Pittsburg lot of cool stuff to do! Lions and Wolverines are my fav!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back