How Long To Wait when wanting to add an Anemone while having experience with saltwater?

GenerousBubbleTip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I am new here and I wanted to know how long do I need to wait to add a Bubble Tip anemone. The thing is, my Salt Water aquarium crashed and killed every fish I had and I decided to restart even though the cleaning and draining was a pain. I have everything to take care of an anemone but since I’m restarting the tank, will I have to wait until the tank cycles a full “6 months“ or would the anemone be ready to be put in the tank within the following week after?

Thanks!

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait until you have zero ammonia, zero nitrites, and the tank has leveled out on constant pH, salinity, temperature, and such, showing a mature, consistent state of being.

neforpubl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General rule of thumb I tell people is, when you start growing some coraline and are done with all of the ugly stages, you can explore the option. Everything in your tank needs to be very stable and you need to have high powered lights for nems. Coraline is a good indicator as its a sign of a stable, healthy, maturing tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back