Hurricane Dorian

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers, as you all must know by now, their is a monster of a storm bearing down on the Bahamas as I write this. Once Dorian has wrecked havoc on those islands, Dorian will then set its sights on Florida, then potentially Georgia, the Carolinas and up the East Coast of the US.
With the sheer strength and size of Dorian, the impact of this storm will be astronomical. Many of my fellow reefers will be impacted by this potentially deadly and destructible force of Mother Nature. Because of this, I would just like to take this time to wish all of you, that will be in the cross hairs of this storm, have family members, relatives, friends and/or fellow reefers that will succumb to the wrath of Dorian, a safe and blessed period of time as we get through this stressful and dangerous time.
Moreover, most of us have marine life and other animals that we love, take pride in and spend a lot of time and money on. Basically, they are family! May these amazing living animals survive potential power outages or other dilemmas that could lead to the loss of life.
May God Bless all...
Be safe and best of luck to one and all...

SVP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice my fellow floridian. I am still prepping gonna snag a few hours of shut eye hit MACNA, use 1 of my 2 prepaid tickets, for 3 or 4 hours and do it all over again tomorrow. I know you are a bit inland from me but it can still hit you hard especially a storm of this size. Hope you and your corals fare okay bro. Take it easy be safe

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Coralreefer1 ; I hope by now all the measures we've taken are good enough and once again we are able to escape unharmed in company of our reef friends.

Best of luck to you and everyone that may potentially resides within its path.

BE SAFE GUYS!!!.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home from MACNA yesterday afternoon. Just finished getting caught up on tank stuff and sat down to rest and our mayor (I live in Jacksonville) announces we are now under a mandatory evacuation, starting at 8am tomorrow. Other than normal supplies, generator, food etc, we weren’t prepared to pick up and leave. We’ve lived in our home for 23 years, and have never been evacuated. I know there isn’t any question about safety first, but looking at my home and that beautiful glass box with a little bit of the ocean in my living room, knowing I have to leave it behind, I feel a little lost. To top it off, my husband wants me to leave with the animals and my daughter while he stays behind to watch the house and the tank. My daughter, who has Asperger’s Syndrome, doesn’t want to leave her dad. She is an adult, so I can’t make her.

Sorry for my rant. I pray for the safety of all who are being effected by this horrible storm

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I live in Boise and the news here is just confusing. Just a day ago it said Florida would be a direct hit, and now says that it’s gonna miss Florida altogether now. Because of that confusion I hope people in the danger zone get to saftey and are safe.

I completely understand how some feel about their tanks and animals etc. granted I am lucky I just have to move (nothing compared to a cat 5 hurricane), but I’m totally stressed on my tank, I can’t fathom those who may lose everything. I know it’s easier said then done but your life is much more important than anything material. Yes, even when it comes to our pets tanks etc as much as I would want to protect them, (this sounds so bad Urgh) but if I had family or kiddos I’d have to put family first. Yes I’d probably be an emotional permanent wreck for life knowing my tank was destroyed. (Don’t care about my house we can rebuild it), but life you can’t. I just hope for all those in the danger zone get to saftey.

If heaven forbid (your home is affected by this home and tank etc I’m always willing to help those in need.

Elegance Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Polk County Florida. We're under a tropical storm warning right now.
I've been here for 46 years, and I've lost track of the number of storms I've seen or been through. We Floridians typically don't get real excited about these things any more. However, this one is a different beast than anyone alive today has ever seen. A cat 5 for a few hours, as it moves through, is devastating. A cat 5 of this strength sitting on top of the Bahamas all day and all night, is unimaginable. Those islands will be left uninhabitable. There will be nothing left.
I've been to the Bahamas multiple times. The people there are typically poor and struggle to get by under good conditions. These people had no where to go, and no way to get there. Evacuation wasn't an option for most of these people. I can't imagine the terror they felt huddled with their families as their homes, and their whole world, was destroyed around them.
The lucky survivors will need our help. They will have no food, drinking water, shelter, power....... Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Please....... If you're in a position to help these people, please do so. If you are going to donate money, check out the place you're donating to first. There will be plenty of scams trying to get rich off this disaster. Don't give to the Clinton Foundation.........
Peace
EC

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mom and dad live in Sebring. They are almost 80 and refusing to evacuate. Pretty terrifying when cell service is lost not knowing if they are ok from 13 hrs away.

My daughter-in-law and grandkids live in Sebring also!
Stay safe everyone in FL!!

Tosareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be safe everyone! Driving down to Savannah as we speak to pick up my mother in law and take her to Charlotte. These storms can be unpredictable and dangerous.

Our thoughts and prayers to all in its path! Safe travels and leave early!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is very upsetting as we now have property in FL.
It appears it will miss my future area but still have a level of impact from rains and winds.
For those in the path, I pray our Lord be with you during this difficult and scary event.
I pray also for comfort, protection and covering as this hurricane sweeps through the state and for those fellow members and families in both Florida and Carolinas especially those who will face destruction.
May our Lord who never sleeps give you all his blessings and aid for a speedy recovery and leave you all safe and able to recover as quick as possible. Have Faith !! God will do the rest in the name of jesus !

1567431920632.png 1567431920632.png

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very upsetting as we now have property in FL.
It appears it will miss my future area but still have a level of impact from rains and winds.
For those in the path, I pray our Lord be with you during this difficult and scary event.
I pray also for comfort, protection and covering as this hurricane sweeps through the state and for those fellow members and families in both Florida and Carolinas especially those who will face destruction.
May our Lord who never sleeps give you all his blessings and aid for a speedy recovery and leave you all safe and able to recover as quick as possible. Have Faith !! God will do the rest in the name of jesus !

1567431920632.png 1567431920632.png
Are you moving to the sunshine state? What area?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Are you moving to the sunshine state? What area?
Not immediate but we were down there end of July to visit home and area. It was Blaing Hot when we were thre ( 99, 98, 96 and 99 degrees respectively)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
THIS HAS JUST BEEN DOWNGRADED TO A CATEGORY 4 AND POSSIBLY 3 LATER TODAY - Thank Goodness !!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Now it's a 3 and isn't going anywhere near South Florida. I doubt it will make landfall at all in Florida. But WOW is it pounding the Bahamas. I really feel bad for them.
Poor Bahamians. Got hammered . Great news for Florida

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dorian down to a CAT2 and is expected to stay off our coast. Winds are starting to pick up a bit..

Pictures coming in of the Bahamas is beyond imagination. I pray dear Father that you will give all those affected by this storm strength and perseverance while they try to rebuild their homes and livelihood. For those who are suffering, that You will surround them with Your love. That You will restore their hope and sense of peace. It’s in your Son’s name I pray..Amen

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 92 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back