Ich Problem, Please Help

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, first of all I'm new to this forum and second of all I'm not necessarily new to the hobby, but this is going to sound very stupid:confused:. I've set up a 14 gallon biocube I got for christmas, I cycled and all that other stuff. After cycling I got a blue-green chromis, I've never kept one and thought it might be interesting... well it has ich. I'm still fairly young therefore I live with my parents. They don't like fishy stuff to much and don't like the idea of a quarintine. I tell them I need to do these things and in return they say "you're over doing everything." So the next problem is I have inverts in this tank. No copper. I tried Kordon Ich attack and it's okay but I've heard it doesn't work I see no spots now but sometimes they're back. Now I'm stuck with a sick fish I can't properly treat. Will the Kordon work? The best I can really do is build up the fish's immune system with garlic and Kordon, but other than that, I'm stuck. Does anyone know of any good treatments I could use? Sadly this is what happened to my thirty gallon but with velvet. Please Help. :(

OP
OP
SourAngelfish

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i still have the fish, only 1 white spot there were about three when I bought it:confused: The fish is very active and is definently not stressed
I would try tho be sure it's ick first. Did you disposed of the fish already? Did you notice any white spots?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are in a rough situation. Products like Kick Ich seem to help, but they never completely eradicate the parasite. Treating the fish in a separate tank with copper and leaving your DT fallow for 76 days would be the ideal course of action. It does not seem that this is possible.

It is possible to maintain a system that has Ich in it, but it has risks.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ich-eradication-vs-ich-management.188775/

You should have more luck if you stick with hardy fish with thick slime coats like most clowns. Some hardier damsels might work too. Using high quality food (frozen with probiotics preferred) and working hard at maintaining the tanks parameters will also help.

OP
OP
SourAngelfish

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0166.PNG

OP
OP
SourAngelfish

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no where to put the fish
Ok, first of all I'm new to this forum and second of all I'm not necessarily new to the hobby, but this is going to sound very stupid:confused:. I've set up a 14 gallon biocube I got for christmas, I cycled and all that other stuff. After cycling I got a blue-green chromis, I've never kept one and thought it might be interesting... well it has ich. I'm still fairly young therefore I live with my parents. They don't like fishy stuff to much and don't like the idea of a quarintine. I tell them I need to do these things and in return they say "you're over doing everything." So the next problem is I have inverts in this tank. No copper. I tried Kordon Ich attack and it's okay but I've heard it doesn't work I see no spots now but sometimes they're back. Now I'm stuck with a sick fish I can't properly treat. Will the Kordon work? The best I can really do is build up the fish's immune system with garlic and Kordon, but other than that, I'm stuck. Does anyone know of any good treatments I could use? Sadly this is what happened to my thirty gallon but with velvet. Please Help. :(
As you can see here.

Why would that kill the fish?
And I'm guessing the store won't take it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back