Hydros Maven
Can wait to add this

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk where that price and date came from I looked all over. But if it works and works correctly and is as seamless as the rest of their stuff it would have my interest
Coralvue rep confirmed price to my lfs, but no actual release date. Just that more detailed information would be released tomorrow.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've completely switched over to Hydros. The only reason I've kept the APEX is to run the Trident. I've been looking at the Reefbot...glad I saw this before making any decisions!

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm assuming this is using ISE because it doesn't look big enough for a bunch of pumps and a reagent carousel.

I've been burned too many times to be an early adopter on this, but if the reviews are favorable I will definitely be tossing my Mastertronic and Alkatronic. Focustronic products are miserable to own and their customer service and apps are awful.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, $999.99 is the confirmed price?

No. CoralVue has not posted the price. The number above is speculation and 2nd hand. It could be right, could be wrong. Just wait like everyone else until Coral Vue makes their announcement tomorrow (I think they said). It isn't like you are going to go buy it today.

CoralVue - I'd like to get some insight / update on the Gen 2 Coral Care lights....

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we can help with anything Hydros related then feel free to PM us.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That seems high to me. Trident and Ion Director are both $600 range, and all GHL products are horribly overpriced.
It also tests nitrate and phosphate which a lot of people have been wanting to automate, including myself, but I am on the Neptune system......for now.

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've completely switched over to Hydros. The only reason I've kept the APEX is to run the Trident. I've been looking at the Reefbot...glad I saw this before making any decisions!
The main drive for me an Apex was a few fold:
- single ecosystem integration (AI, MPs, Apex)
- integrated testing
- aquabus distance
- flexible programming

Their testing is crap. Salinity probes are just plain wrong, calibrations are off for alk (and everything) trident, etc

The programming language (as a software engineer) is limited and stupid. I wouldn’t call this programming as much as I would call it “lazy” on their side.

The aquabus distance is only relevant with iffy WiFi in comparison.

And the eco system is half baked — the Apex app is terrible for the most part.

If everything above wasn’t enough, their hardware is sheer cheap crap being over charged. I’m simply baffled and have been tempted multiple times to go open source.

Apex has also seemingly been absent for the past 1-2 years post merger with major concern.

I just wish Hydros had some proper APIs

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why in the hell did they leave salinity off that. They only offer it on one other controller one that costs $800. They should have added Salinity to this. This omission is further fueling my fears that CoralVue is doing this on purpose to make it so reefers HAVE to buy multiple controllers all at very high price points.

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why in the hell did they leave salinity off that. They only offer it on one other controller one that costs $800. They should have added Salinity to this. This omission is further fueling my fears that CoralVue is doing this on purpose to make it so reefers HAVE to buy multiple controllers all at very high price points.
Maybe, but NO3 is on there. It already has more than Neptune and competitors.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
this is how to keep a business going. think of it like apple vs android. withholding certain things to "outcompete" the competitor in future releases.

i do believe this is a good release, but depending on price point it may as well be another trophy item that is catered to more of the "higher end" or "bigger pocket" hobbyists. granted... price is subjective to the population. "1k$" to automate testing that can be done manually within <20mins.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, but NO3 is on there. It already has more than Neptune and competitors.

The Trident has been out now for a good number of years. It only makes sense that anything new would include Nitrate and Phosphate if it was possible. Hanna powder reagents sort of opened pandora's box for opportunity (in my opinion) that wasn't available 5 years ago.

Just from the image it shows Coral View did some homework on what was liked, disliked, or needed improvement. Nothing different than what Ford or GM do when rolling out new cars. You want to benchmark against something otherwise you may miss the mark.

Not a Hydros user although I've used the Wave Engine LE for a good spell now. To me it seems they are offering various entry and price points for hobbyist then expand as you go. Almost ala cart.

slogan315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1712855658059.png

Metadata on the site shows $1200, but says coming soon when you go to the page. The x10 and kraken had the same thing, and the prices were spot on if I remember right.

tangerine_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, 1,200 is steep! But I'm hoping it is a step up and improvement from what's out there on the market currently. If it is + it's more accurate I could maybe delude myself into getting it :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back