OP
OP
Pepcrylic

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top outlet is 1/2'' and the lower one is 3/4''. Hope the top being restricted a little will help promote the lower out let to flow more water.

OP
OP
Pepcrylic

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work man!!! Really love the craftsmanship going into this. Can't wait to see it all finished

Thanks kschweer, I am lucky enough to have a place and the tools, to be able to create what ever the heck tickles my fancy. LOL I started out years ago working wood. Switching to acrylic was no big deal. Some trial and error as with any thing. All the tools work with both acrylic and wood.
So many builds now-a-day are buy a tank,plumb in an overflow. Set it on a prebuilt stand, add a powerhead or 2. section off a 40 breeder for a sump, and Bam!! instant build thread.
I like to go the extra mile.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking pretty good Dave, will have to stop by and give it the once over to just make sure its up to your abnormally high standards and intricately above mere mortals capabilities.... lol

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Pepcrylic

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I am able to feel confident that the plumbing for the CL inside the OF box will fit, and can be assembled with the OF box welded in place its time to weld it.
Spring poles are great clamps

OP
OP
Pepcrylic

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have a 2' drain for my CL. I found this 2'' strainer in my pile of stuff. LOL
Thought it best that I open up the flow more than what it was. Started out with a cutting wheel on the dremal , decided that wasnt quite large enough of a slot so I changed bits. I made 2 of them so I can switch them out for cleaning.
Not the prettiest thing in the build, but very functional. LOL

OP
OP
Pepcrylic

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small quick update.
Wife says I can run some plumbing thru the wall( thru the Laundry room) into the garage. Great news!! I will be able to get the small sump out of the crowed understand. And into the garage , how sweet is that!!
I can add another 200 gals to the system!! More sump volume than tank volume.. LOL
The hitch here is I need to swap her car to the other side of the garage. NOT an easy task.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ Pepcrylic Coming along nicely Dave and will certainly be something worth waiting for. I'll have a nice Frag Pack gift for it when your ready my friend.

I'll see you tomorrow at the Bob Moore Frag Swap so don't forget to bring the pull pins and acrylic corner jigs bud or I'll have to follow you home to retrieve them myself... unless you want to bring them up and help me weld the tank for a day trip up North... lol

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Pepcrylic

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ Pepcrylic Coming along nicely Dave and will certainly be something worth waiting for. I'll have a nice Frag Pack gift for it when your ready my friend.

I'll see you tomorrow at the Bob Moore Frag Swap so don't forget to bring the pull pins and acrylic corner jigs bud or I'll have to follow you home to retrieve them myself... unless you want to bring them up and help me weld the tank for a day trip up North... lol

Cheers, Todd

Just be sure to give me a weeks notice for the tank weld. I will be more than happy to give ya a hand bud.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back