OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be my designing that's terrible, but this is the single overhang if I print right side up.
IMG_20240313_182804712.jpg

From the top,
IMG_20240313_183125266.jpg

With the pedestal to raise the feeder to match.
IMG_20240313_183153124.jpg

Sorry about the crappy phone/computer pictures. I test printed a section to test the overhang, this was the result using the tree supports. Not pretty but useable, it's on the bottom so some post processing should help. I do know this is the hardest angle of overhang to do, but it's what I needed.
IMG_20240313_182602281.jpg

IMG_20240313_182551631.jpg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was in the plan actually! Just trying to figure out how to print it, maybe in separate parts? What type of glue would secure this in a moist environment.

I haven't used supports in printing yet. I'll have to learn.
Hehehe you said moist.

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cooling fan on?

I have this little slice to practice with, takes only 10 minutes to print. I'll fiddle with settings tomorrow to see if I can clean this up. Maybe switching filament as well to another petg brand might help, this is a relatively new one I'm using.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cooling fan on?

I have this little slice to practice with, takes only 10 minutes to print. I'll fiddle with settings tomorrow to see if I can clean this up. Maybe switching filament as well to another petg brand might help, this is a relatively new one I'm using.
I have my cooling fan off since I'm printing with PETG.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, there's a printer test file that tests a bunch of different settings. I forget what it's called but overhang is one of the things it tests.

@stoney7713 or @Projects with Sam ? @Mschmidt ?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maggie , off topic ,did you mention getting coral from a girl in VA ? ... :upside-down-face: I'm lost...:)

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maggie , off topic ,did you mention getting coral from a girl in VA ? ... :upside-down-face: I'm lost...:)
Yes? VA maybe, shes definitely east Coast somewhere. I didn't think I mentioned it though? Did I? Where am I?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1710425228193.png

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't get what my problem is with this dang ATO. Overfilled again this morning.

I've tried both the optical sensor type and now the float/magnet sensor type. Both have the same issue, fills fine for a day or so, then overfills. But does not empty the resovior, so it's being stopped by the overfilled time sensor thingy.

I've done a few adjustments to try to solve my problems, nothing seems to work more than a day.

Added a sponge to stop micro bubbles, raised the overall water height to minimize turbulence, repositioned sensor as far away from the return as I can to minimize disturbing the sensor, added additional material (cardboard) between the magnets to weaken the sensor magnet pull to ensure it's free floating, positioned the return to trickle down the glass to not make splashes to accidentally trip the sensor.

What else am I missing or not thinking of?

I've looked into other types of ATOs, the Neptune one is too bulky to work in my tank so that's out, the only other one I see that's not either a float or optical sensor is the innovative marine one with the electrical current type sensor.

@danieyella , wait. You use gravity ATOs, right? How's that work on a bigger tank with more demand?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just don't get what my problem is with this dang ATO. Overfilled again this morning.

I've tried both the optical sensor type and now the float/magnet sensor type. Both have the same issue, fills fine for a day or so, then overfills. But does not empty the resovior, so it's being stopped by the overfilled time sensor thingy.

I've done a few adjustments to try to solve my problems, nothing seems to work more than a day.

Added a sponge to stop micro bubbles, raised the overall water height to minimize turbulence, repositioned sensor as far away from the return as I can to minimize disturbing the sensor, added additional material (cardboard) between the magnets to weaken the sensor magnet pull to ensure it's free floating, positioned the return to trickle down the glass to not make splashes to accidentally trip the sensor.

What else am I missing or not thinking of?

I've looked into other types of ATOs, the Neptune one is too bulky to work in my tank so that's out, the only other one I see that's not either a float or optical sensor is the innovative marine one with the electrical current type sensor.

@danieyella , wait. You use gravity ATOs, right? How's that work on a bigger tank with more demand?
I use a gravity ATO on the 125. The water level has to be higher than the water level in the tank so on a sumpless it would have to be above the tank.

Also, you'll need a float valve or a solenoid controlled valve (float valve will likely be difficult in the back of an AIO?) to shut the gravity off.

Also also, I have had my entire 5 gallon go into the sump when the float valve stuck open and salt creep can cause it to stick closed at times so the solenoid is a better choice... Make sure your tank can handle the entire ATO contents just in case or you can have an overflow. Not trying to scare, just making you aware.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back