OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I another little update. Added some plywood attached with magnets to the stand. Easy to take off, and lets me have full access to the sumps.
IMG_3304.jpeg
IMG_3305.jpeg

Primed and painted. Plan to do a polyurethane coat when it is a little warmer out.
IMG_3311.jpeg

The paint has dried for about 2 hours outside. Should I be worried about any fumes, or can I leave them in place?

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I another little update. Added some plywood attached with magnets to the stand. Easy to take off, and lets me have full access to the sumps.
IMG_3304.jpeg
IMG_3305.jpeg

Primed and painted. Plan to do a polyurethane coat when it is a little warmer out.
IMG_3311.jpeg

The paint has dried for about 2 hours outside. Should I be worried about any fumes, or can I leave them in place?
Depends on the paint. Probably fine though.

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got some lights. Someone local had a used AI Prime for a good price so I think I am going to eventually get another and run 2 of the Prime 16s and 4 blue+ t5s. Like the color I have, I am running BRS’s AB+ setting with a little red and green added to my liking. Added a stylophora and a birds nest as well, it has only been 2 days but they seem to be acclimating nicely, polyps extending, and colors look good. Now I just need to figure out how to take some better pics with my phone under the blue lights, might have to pull out my DSLR.
IMG_3337.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg
IMG_3339.jpeg
IMG_3340.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update, corals looking pretty good, and added a clean up crew. An urchin, a tiger conch, and 5 Nassarius snails. As of tonight the urchin has decided to wear the monti cap as a hat, thought I had glued it down.
IMG_3387.jpeg
IMG_3386.jpeg
IMG_3385.jpeg
IMG_3383.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a small change to the stand today. Tank is coming along ok. Diatoms seem to be less than they were yesterday, so hopefully that’s a sign they are going away. Water has been cloudy yesterday and today, thinking it might be a bacteria bloom.

Added a trim because the edges were already chipping. I was planning on painting the trim the same color, but kind of like this look, so might go with a different color.
IMG_3398.jpeg

image.jpg

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to try and post updates every week. I am going to try and take some pictures every Monday to have a better look at the progress. Hoping for a minimum of a full tank shoot weekly, but hoping to take one of each coral, and update on any changes to the system.

Last week:
Birdsnest3-25-24.jpg
Stylophora3-25-24.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back