Paying it forward. What a great thing to do!

reefaddictionrx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent thread...

Thanks TJ, - for getting this going. I've got a couple Cornbred chalices and ORA/JF acro's fragged and ready to go if someone is ready to try a box of pay it forward corals. I'm in Indiana if you are curious about shipping costs...so if you'll pay the shipping, I'll send out a nice box of goodies. PM me if you are interested.

Ryan2428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefadiction I will take some my tank is pretty much empty except from what I got from Pete and I will pay it forward like the 90 gallon tank I gave away last month

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm'd @reefaddictionrx a couple of hours ago in case you didn't see the pm :)

But if he already gave them away I will pay shipping for sps :) let me know how much to 34452. When the grow and are ready for fragging they will be paid forward :D

Thanks!

Jackie

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently started trading with Polyp Pete and its going good so far, sending out our first boxes within a week or so. I will be asking others if they would like to trade as well, I have tons of sps that i can trade. Trading is the way to go

I'm so stoked about this!

Paying it forward is what introduced us in the first place. I sent a donation of corals to the Leon high school reef club. With this we have kept in contact and decided to go ahead with this trade and I'm super excited and extremely thankful :)

Last edited:

Ryan2428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it is not much but Ty to Pete polyp who has payed it forward to me on some coral that I could have never got ty

Fieryfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had more to help with. I have been piecing together my 125 gal. With 4 kids, thats the only way to do it. :bigsmile: My tank is very bare, but I do have some Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoa and some Brown Button Polyps that I would be willing to give to someone that needs something that will grow fast and look good. I am in Birmingham AL. 35126.

I don't have much, but I know I have been suffering thru just trying to get the money for frags. And am willing to help as much as I can to those doing the same.

Here is the Zoa frag that I can give. And I will Lop off some Brown Button Polyps and make some frags for the person that wants these.

Zoa small.jpg

WeLoveReefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it is not much but Ty to Pete polyp who has payed it forward to me on some coral that I could have never got ty

+1. Pete is a great reefer. I love how he calls his colonies, frags. Ty Pete. Your a blessing to this forum and the reefing community.

Iamonlyme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have radioactive dragon eyes, eagle eyes, cabbage leather, green Kenya tree and some no name polyps I can pay it forward to any one interested I am in Indiana :)
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403280160.817496.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403280181.314808.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403280197.241274.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1403280213.964864.jpg

Eric N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"...so gosh darn expensive that it's preventing good people from being able to even try out this wonderful hobby" I think this is an especially important aspect. Giving someone a couple coral frags when they start out helps them figure out how hard they want to work at it and what they want to do without them having to spend 100 dollars on a few frags just to find out they made a mistake. One could donate a skill finder test with a mushroom, GSP, LPS, montipora, and an acro frag.

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I wish there were more people that would jump on board. If there is anyone near fayetteville nc I could give some radioactive dragon eyes. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to add rastas, utter chaos, darth and orange mauls, as well as a few other named polyps.

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had something to trade with someone, but I only have baby frags :( maybe in the future, this is an awesome idea

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must also give credit where credit us due. Jepsep on the forums hooked me up pretty well with the 75 gallon setup I an working on and a handfull of frags for no more than the price of gas to get there and a tub of army uniform I have been accumulating over the last 14 years.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I wish there were more people that would jump on board. If there is anyone near fayetteville nc I could give some radioactive dragon eyes. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to add rastas, utter chaos, darth and orange mauls, as well as a few other named polyps.

+1. I'm hoping this takes off on a large scale.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Pete. Everyone doesn't need to have high end either. There are different kinds of tanks out there, softy, lps, sps, mixed, zoa, bta and such. One's trash so to speak can be another's treasure. Xenia and kenya tree are loved by many for instance and beautiful in softy tanks. I had tons of pulsing xenia that was running amuck and quickly found homes for it :) This is a terrific idea!

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big patches of pulsing xenia are really cool. It looks like fireworks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back