Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 20 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 39 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 182 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 20 6.4%

• Total voters

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the time but gear and swag is literally my job. I gladly represent those that trusted me for their gear. Not to mention I won’t sell anything I can’t stand behind so wearing it and trying to ruin it is part of my life.

BTW - anyone who thinks they are a billboard for reefing companies is sorely mistaken. 99.9% of people walking around you have no clue who the brand is you’re wearing. Yet, you’ll gladly walk around with white dongles in your ears, the brand new triple camera phone, and leave your car badged and advertise for billion $$$ companies instead :thinking-face:
I don't think other non reefing companies get a pass. Some logos displayed on vehicles and product are impractical to remove.

The premise is wearing clothes that promote reverse advertising. Me paying a company to advertise for them is a lose lose for me.

Your point is valid, that we've been subtly inundated by this concept to the point that it's overlooked and/or widely accepted.

To your point that 99.9% of the people seeing my reverse advertising t-shirt are clueless to the meaning doesn't make it acceptable to perpetuate the practice.

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I actually won the same glass cages t shirt in Florida while I was at rap. I’ve been wearing rap gear for a few years now/ wwc/ I won a few brs items a year or so ago also as well as some shop t shirts from around the country. I wear my dr.Tims aquatics shirts that they gave me and every time I hit a swap I use a nice bag that I got from Susan a little while back.

Homestarmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to not purchase any clothes from manufacturers - I prefer to spend more money on actual products for my tank than swag for myself. Having said that, I do have a Dinkins magnet on my fridge and a Kraken Sports sticker clear to n my car.

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not a big thing over here in the UK.

I’ve spent some serious cash at certain LFS and coral vendors and the most I’ve gotten is a sticker or two and endless free samples of Vitalis.

I wouldn’t go out of my way to purchase any “reef merch”.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I have any reef shirts but I wear a hermit crab hat. :anguished-face:

JRhymer349

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wear some but I don't have any. Any reef companies want free advertising? I wear an XL t shirt lol

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 75 68.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back