ROCK POOL REEF KEEPERS GROUP

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Which kind of shrimp do you think is more practical? I'd like to know because their prices vary so much.
The ones I like and the ones I have are cleaner shrimp, blood shrimp and tiger pistol shrimp pair with a yellow watchman goby

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Which kind of shrimp do you think is more practical? I'd like to know because their prices vary so much.
Well I am not really sure because I keep wild prawns and they are a brilliant for eating leftovers and they live in cold water and 25c
But some other people will give you advice @i cant think is a good choice for information on most things and definitely wrasses
IMG_1068.jpeg

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Its Friday Yes GIF by Denyse®
Good morning everyone the weekend is coming and have a great day and what have you planned for the weekend. Anything good I am going with my daughter Rock pooling

xunhe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
下載.jpg

Well I am not really sure because I keep wild prawns and they are a brilliant for eating leftovers and they live in cold water and 25c
But some other people will give you advice @i cant think is a good choice for information on most things and definitely wrasses
How about this shrimp, but this shrimp is three times the price of the shrimp you recommended

xunhe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Anything good I am going with my daughter Rock pooling
You can always find crabs, starfish, mussels, clams, lobsters, sea anemones and sea slugs... and the best part is that you can pick them up and take them home.(That's why I'm not a good rock pool keeper)

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
下載.jpg

How about this shrimp, but this shrimp is three times the price of the shrimp you recommended
Too be honest shop bought ones never lasted with me something always ate them It’s up to you really I have a good friend that will point you in the right direction on shrimps @kevgib67

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_1068.jpeg
Look at that angry little face!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Which shrimp do you think he should get
I don’t know they’re just clean up crew to me lol . Nice too see you my friend
Honestly, it depends what he wants it for;
Cleaners are good for fish disease (plus personality)
Fireshrimp are the same as Cleaners
Peppermints are good at hunting aiptasia
Boxers (just the plain ones) are good for bristle worms but get big and often aren’t predated on
Yellow Boxers are good for bristle worms and stay fairly small.
Blue Boxers are the smallest of the Stenopus from memory and are good again for flatworms and also don’t seem to be predated on much.

Then there’s a weird boxer; Stenopus pyrsonotus. This I have 0 experience with but just find it looks weird and definitely want one.

Also good to see you too!

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Honestly, it depends what he wants it for;
Cleaners are good for fish disease (plus personality)
Fireshrimp are the same as Cleaners
Peppermints are good at hunting aiptasia
Boxers (just the plain ones) are good for bristle worms but get big and often aren’t predated on
Yellow Boxers are good for bristle worms and stay fairly small.
Blue Boxers are the smallest of the Stenopus from memory and are good again for flatworms and also don’t seem to be predated on much.

Then there’s a weird boxer; Stenopus pyrsonotus. This I have 0 experience with but just find it looks weird and definitely want one.

Also good to see you too!
Thanks for the great info . Also don’t be a stranger you and your wrasses are welcome anytime .

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Too be honest shop bought ones never lasted with me something always ate them It’s up to you really I have a good friend that will point you in the right direction on shrimps @kevgib67
I’ve kept the coral banded shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp and blood red fire shrimp. The blood red fire shrimp is by far the most striking however it as well as the coral banded shrimp can be reclusive. Now the skunk cleaners have so much personality and always out and about. The go spastic at feeding time and when ever you pull your hand out of the tank it will be sparkling as they will clean your hand as if it was a fish. Skunk cleaner shrimp for the win in my book.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve kept the coral banded shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp and blood red fire shrimp. The blood red fire shrimp is by far the most striking however it as well as the coral banded shrimp can be reclusive. Now the skunk cleaners have so much personality and always out and about. The go spastic at feeding time and when ever you pull your hand out of the tank it will be sparkling as they will clean your hand as if it was a fish. Skunk cleaner shrimp for the win in my book.
Thanks stranger good too see you in the group
And again good info thank you my old friend

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
20240518_081455.jpg
20240518_080556.jpg
20240518_080556.jpg
20240518_124632.jpg
20240518_081715.jpg
20240518_081633.jpg

Photos before today's exam (reading and rest time)
I hope your exam went well. I can relate to the young men with their heads down during finals week!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
What everyone up too today
I was fitting nano sponge filters
8 in total trying too find a air pump that is powerful and quiet enough
Honestly, not much happening over here. Grabbing a new fish tomorrow - and going against my own advice just slightly (again…).

But other than that, I’m just sitting back and enjoying my tanks. Watching this girl grow and colour up.
24FD0BFD-223B-49CD-8D93-A98DCA42F5DB.jpeg

Back