S/He Who Dies With The Most R2R Badges Wins?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need no stinking badges!!!
The only badge I ever needed was when I received my Texas Ranger badge. Which is pretty impressive since I live in Ohio!

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The hand swelling happened overnight for me as well. I remember lying in bed with my heart racing and having difficulty breathing, wondering what was going on. The next day my hand was very swollen. Did they just prescribe antibiotics and shrug?
Sorry fell asleep. Yes supposed to go to ER for another shot in the butt in morning. My doc didn’t just shrug, he said if anything got worse to go to ER immediately. Lol I fell hard asleep, but my faithful loving wife @Ocean_Queenie came and checked on me without waking me up.

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry fell asleep. Yes supposed to go to ER for another shot in the butt in morning. My doc didn’t just shrug, he said if anything got worse to go to ER immediately. Lol I fell hard asleep, but my faithful loving wife @Ocean_Queenie came and checked on me without waking me up.
I guess a doc would be more concerned if he knew the cause. I was still trying to figure out what was happening when it happened to me 6 years ago. Take care of yourself. I watched an interview of Julian Sprung and he mentioned that Dietrich Stüber left the hobby because of a severe exposure to Palytoxin. It's no joke.

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess a doc would be more concerned if he knew the cause. I was still trying to figure out what was happening when it happened to me 6 years ago. Take care of yourself. I watched an interview of Julian Sprung and he mentioned that Dietrich Stüber left the hobby because of a severe exposure to Palytoxin. It's no joke.
Glad to hear! I had a close call many years ago fragging zoas and didn’t know about these toxins. Now I got long gloves and eye protection! What worked well for me — frag them underwater.

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe my delusion, paranoia, and mental decline make things worse. Everyone I get a boo boo in my tank I immediately think oh no paly toxin. Then I actually get something and wait 24 hours to go to the DR.

IMG_6902.jpeg

Middle
Finger is swollen as much as when I broke it, pain level is a 5-6, for reference I once rated a broken sinus cavity a 2. Red streaks running up my arm (the one I had surgery on, BP 168/78 temp 101 and I feel like doggie doo.
Ouch - sorry to hear! Pray for a speedy recovery.

As for me, my ring finger hurts more after I stupidly said “I Do”. It’s been more than 20 years of nagging, kicking & screaming, epilepsy, and many crazy episodes of mental traumatic disorder. Our psychiatrist & counselor gave up on me! I don’t think it was from fragging zoas though. Docs are still perplexed and unable to find root cause. hmm

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Glad to hear! I had a close call many years ago fragging zoas and didn’t know about these toxins. Now I got long gloves and eye protection! What worked well for me — frag them underwater.
Yes. I wasn’t fragging, but cleaning my 210 that has been fallow for well over 13 weeks. Enter stupidity, been so long because of my shoulder surgery that I didn’t suit up lol, and scrubbing bubble algae off of the rock. Got to a place where it was mixed with a small colony of palys and scrubbed right through the edges. Guess that was a bad plan. Coupled with the fact that I had lifted a rock and got stabbed by a vermitid snail tube. Believe that is where it gained entry.

Realized that the nitrile gloves I normally wear wouldn’t protect me from that, I bought so heavy chemical gloves for cleaning.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Maybe @revhtree would add a Reef Stupidity Badge lol.
Awarded to those like me who make stupid mistakes, ie not wearing protection while working in your tank, forgetting to turn pumps back on after feeding, stepping away from your mixing barrel when filling from a collection container and pumping gallons of water in the floor, getting squirted in the eye with a paly or zoa when dragging as you took your safety glasses off for a second and forgot to put them back on fortunately didn’t even irritate me. Oh that is just my list each and everyone plus I’m sure some I didn’t remember. I’m guessing there are others who have even better examples.

Can I get this badge first, please.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Just a thought. It may not be palytoxins. I recently saw this scary video on Youtube:

Thanks. From what he said, this came on within 24 hours and to my knowledge I have only lost one fish in the tank a long time ago. But when I go in for my next shot tomorrow, I will show this to them.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 108 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back