Sabae anemone?

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to tell when they are stressed. From the look and the size of it, I would have to guess Malu. Once they are healthy we can see and try for a better ID

What are the clear differences with respect to verrucae and foot? I've been trying to look for quite a while, pics and all, and since I can't log into RC (lol, oops), I can't see all the awesome awesome threads on this. I'll keep feeding my baby.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was upside down again tonight. Replaced foot in the sand. I don't get what went wrong all of a sudden with this guy.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rayn I took this pic this morning for ya. I had to use a very "crevicey" (just made that up ppls!) rock and basically forced the nem via flow to stay put. He looks pretty well settled but even if he's not, the pumps make him stay. Maybe find something like that? The rock he's on is maybe the size of 2 fists and I'm hoping he stays attached so I can move him around with the rock, if it becomes necessary.

oDjmBlv.jpg

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get mine. I set it up and all looks good. Mouth closed tentacles plump, not sucked in itself. Lead it there overnight and it looks great in the morning. Come home from work and he is all goofed up.
jayjigga, hope that works for you. I will add, I see more the the base and it looks more closed then mine ever has. Not sure if that is good or bad for either of us.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get mine. I set it up and all looks good. Mouth closed tentacles plump, not sucked in itself. Lead it there overnight and it looks great in the morning. Come home from work and he is all goofed up.
@jayjigga, hope that works for you. I will add, I see more the the base and it looks more closed then mine ever has. Not sure if that is good or bad for either of us.

That's his night time fetal position, lol...as soon as RB's come on at 7:30AM, he starts to open. Good luck and keep us posted! Mine has had a run in with the mouth of the haddoni a week ago when he decided to fly around :p

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back in the same boat as you now, but thank God it didn't go into the haddoni...

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock work didn't work? Mine has stayed put all day. I don't think it is so attached, but didn't move.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock work didn't work? Mine has stayed put all day. I don't think it is so attached, but didn't move.

I'm waiting for the LTA to attach so I'm only running 2 out of 3 pumps, so the flow is a little out of whack.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home today to find the sabae the same. Just being there. However my ritteri and carpet were weird. Ritteri just didn't look "right", can't really say why. The carpet was pulled all the way into the sand and rock crevice it calls home.

So I bit the bullet and pulled the sabae and place in a different stable tank. Couple hours later now and both ritteri and carpet are back looking happy again. Wonder if the sabae was giving off bad juju.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My haddoni has been doing the disappearing act too, but my ritteri doesn't let anything phase him. I've got my Foscam pointed at the sebae, so I spy on him often, lol

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buried the foot in the new tank. Buried up to the point of sand right at the base of the tentacles.

This morning he has walked to the other side of the rock. Stupid anemone

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck with yours? Mine is still alive, but still being a pain and deciding to not stay planted. One day looks great, next upside down again.

croix67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi just got a sritteri nice red foot realy sticky could any tell me the best place i no they like to be high up running 324 watts 6 t5 54 tubes maid bye Ati 2 ATI Aquablue Special
•2 ATI Blue Plus
•1 ATI Coral Plus
•1 ATI Purple Plus will add pic later as its in small holding tank as moving things around have a flat shelf up high

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi just got a sritteri nice red foot realy sticky could any tell me the best place i no they like to be high up running 324 watts 6 t5 54 tubes maid bye Ati 2 ATI Aquablue Special
•2 ATI Blue Plus
•1 ATI Coral Plus
•1 ATI Purple Plus will add pic later as its in small holding tank as moving things around have a flat shelf up high

If you want to continue this on a different thread (mine even is fine), but this thread is for a sebae, not a riterri. Short answer: the higher for more light is better.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck with yours? Mine is still alive, but still being a pain and deciding to not stay planted. One day looks great, next upside down again.

Not attached but not complaining about it. He's pinned by flow and seems ok. (Sorry for pic size.)

OaDwgPB.jpg

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried that as well, no luck with mine. Came home tonight and I believe it has passed. Never did attach anywhere for anything.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried that as well, no luck with mine. Came home tonight and I believe it has passed. Never did attach anywhere for anything.

My purple LTA was stubborn and I just pulled him...moment of silence for our nems............

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried in three different tanks, two of which I believe could handle the nem based on tank "maturity". All three tanks have pristine water conditions with nitrates 0-5 and phosphate in the -.05 range. Cal,alk, and may were all in their varying points of levels. I knew it was a chance when I got it, but I was hopeful.

I do see DD has one!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back