OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those first two pics are where I was worried about bleaching and dye job. But now that I have seen the base, foot, and lower part of the tentacles it isn't dyed.

Also still no movement. Right were it was placed and I finally turned all my pumps back on. Tank is a 120 and running 3 mp 40 on it for now. Two in sync, one anti-sync.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best pic I have so far under full light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 248

jman9331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the purpose of turning the pumps off, so he doesn't get sucked up into a pump or power head?

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That and it gives them a chance to plant their foot down. The powerheads could just blow them all around the tank other wise.

Running three mp40, one is on the back wall. Once it gets turned on it kinda blasts the water all around and creates a good mix with th other two. I wanted to give the nem a chance to settle before that flow was added. It may move to a better flow or less flow spot yet, they kinda decide that. However, so far it has stayed put and is starting to fill out a bit.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 days. May try feeding a bit tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 242
OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so the issues start. First it came off the rock, so I was thinking maybe it did want the sand bed after all. Placed in the sand,must got home to see it face down. Repositioned it in a hole in the sand and sat it back upright. Will get picks when lights come up
Trex, it does have verracue on the bottom as well. Foot is a light tan and the base lightens up with white verracue.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so the issues start. First it came off the rock, so I was thinking maybe it did want the sand bed after all. Placed in the sand,must got home to see it face down. Repositioned it in a hole in the sand and sat it back upright. Will get picks when lights come up
@Trex, it does have verracue on the bottom as well. Foot is a light tan and the base lightens up with white verracue.

You and I both are living the dream at this point. I'm fighting with a purple LTA, and I've had to position my crispa so that the pumps don't let him float off, but there's no way my little guy would be able to stretch from glass through the sand, so I'm stuck with a rock crevice. Best of luck Sir!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is a H. malu.
Not a lot of flow, bright light and sandbed is what he needed (and maybe antibiotic treatment)

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the pic. Through this whole thing the mouth has pretty much stayed shut too, so I am still hopeful. The foot looks to be going down below sand now, hopefully attaching to the glass and rock. Lighting is good there, flow is slowed as it is surrounded by rock mostly. Slow, not dead.

jayjigga, aren't crispa sand based? No place to wedge the foot in the sand around some rocks?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 180
OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the debate on which one is sand and rock based, which do I have for certain? I was thinking malu, but positive ID?

Fieryfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for a short time. I had it in the tank for a few weeks, and that darn thing Never chose a spot. Just moved all over the tank. I was annoyed the whole time. I made sure to leave him alone and make his own choice. I guess his choice was to be traded for some Dragon Eye Zoa.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy didn't move once for two weeks or so. Placed him and that was it. All of a sudden staying put is a issue, but not really from walking around.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rayn , let me know if you want me to post on my own thread, but I think we have the same nem. I don't have much in terms of verrucae, just some orange spots on the foot of the nem, but not much besides right under where the tentacles start.

Two pics to help my ID. I was told crispa, so I've went with a crevice placement. This little monster doesn't like sand all the much otherwise, lol...

IrflCGBl.jpg

Sorry for the yellow of the last pic.

1uMcGxDh.jpg

What kind of sebae is it?! Trex & OrionN

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, your fine. Kinda combines some of the info on them.

Looks real similar too! Any issues with the mouth opening?

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, your fine. Kinda combines some of the info on them.

Looks real similar too! Any issues with the mouth opening?

He's been real good for me. He eats well, and opens up during the day, shrinks a little at night. I'm hoping for crispa, but I'll deal if he's a malu.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to tell when they are stressed. From the look and the size of it, I would have to guess Malu. Once they are healthy we can see and try for a better ID

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back