Saltwater Aquarist - What I really do

Jeppeterpan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I live in an apartment complex, and people always ask about the "mysterious" blue lights that come from my place. I have a loft w a huge window, and always catch people trying to look in. It almost feels as if I'm in a fish bowl sometimes.....lol

Last edited:

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High electricity bills, odd lighting, random chemicals around the house... Yeah with some of the people out just looking for stuff it could be seen as suspicious. Someone should make a door sign that reads "Reef Tank Inside" to try get them to realize what it is before they bust down a door to search the place...lol.

Awesome pic though Rev. I saw it on ReefBuilders this AM.

STL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As tiresome as this meme is becoming, I gotta say this one is an exception and is truly awesome!

Our aquarium is in the front room of our house, so the blue glow is quite obvious from the street. For neighbors that dare to ask about it, I usually invite them in to take a peek! So it's a good way to get to know your neighbors - at least the nosy ones ;)

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've actually had other reefer stop by and ask to see the tanks and say "I know this might be weird but I saw the lights form the street."

cMan5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took a pic of this and sent it to my gf...
NICE MAN!!!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back