Scopas tang dying? please help

TheCatKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I added a scopas tang and a midnight angel last week into my tank, everyone was well, and is, my fox face is happily swimming, my claws swimming my cuc cleaning and my tang was very lively too until just 10 minutes ago, I came and I saw it lying flat on the ground, breathing very rapidly, It got up and lied against the glass for a minute but then went back to lying flat on the sandbed. Please help me I'm worried for it. please see attached image

tempImageH5lLDz.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, remove to half bucket of tank water ,add airstone asap
best i can tell you until experts arrive

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And how much water should I remove?
about 2 gallons, airstone is bubbler.
any and all info can help

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An airstone is a porous piece of rock or wood - that when air (from and air pump) - is pushed through - will oxygenate (increase oxygen ) in the tank.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An airstone is a porous piece of rock or wood - that when air (from and air pump) - is pushed through - will oxygenate (increase oxygen ) in the tank.
Which will help your fish get more oxygen per breath taken. Gills flapping quickly is a sign that the fish is trying to get more oxygen to the body.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I added a scopas tang and a midnight angel last week into my tank, everyone was well, and is, my fox face is happily swimming, my claws swimming my cuc cleaning and my tang was very lively too until just 10 minutes ago, I came and I saw it lying flat on the ground, breathing very rapidly, It got up and lied against the glass for a minute but then went back to lying flat on the sandbed. Please help me I'm worried for it. please see attached image

tempImageH5lLDz.jpg

Hi, welcome to Reef2Reef!

Are the other fish eating well and not breathing fast?

The tang is what is termed moribund. This essentially means close to death. I'm sorry, there may not be a way to save that fish, but you will want to try and figure things out in order to protect the other fish. This fish could have an issue specific to it, but I'm worried that it could have something contagious.

Can you post a short video of some of the other fish?

This post lists other background information that would be helpful for us to know:

Jay

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 183 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back