Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told redsea to forget it because they gave me and my lfs a problem about this. So i was litterally gunna ditch the ato all together and just hookup the tunze.
Yea their customer service isn't what it should be. I emailed them twice before I purchased all the plumbing for the manifold to see what size I would need to connect to the tank. They didn't even reply with my work hours I can never get ahold of anyone on the phone for support.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for someone with a RSR 250 or RSR 350. Would a sump 18" long fit front to back in the cabinet? If I get a reefer I might want to get a smaller sump to make more room in the cabinet. The sump has an 18"x10" footprint. How much space is there in the cabinet front to back?

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for someone with a RSR 250 or RSR 350. Would a sump 18" long fit front to back in the cabinet? If I get a reefer I might want to get a smaller sump to make more room in the cabinet. The sump has an 18"x10" footprint. How much space is there in the cabinet front to back?
27 3/4 " wide and. 17 1/4" deep of usable space for a sump on the 350 just measured mine. Would not think it would fit the way you would want it to. It does have a small sump not sure you would want to take away from it.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27 3/4 " wide and. 17 1/4" deep of usable space for a sump on the 350 just measured mine. Would not think it would fit the way you would want it to. It does have a small sump not sure you would want to take away from it.
Thanks Cameron! What is the dimensions of the 350 sump might I ask?

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so not to be a debbie downer but, on all of my tanks, ive always always always used a gravity fed ato. After flooding my wood floor and causing thousands of dollars in water damage on one of my first real build, i started to use an electric auto top off to feed my gravity fed ato resvour just to never cause a flood again (beside gravity feeds drop by drop as electric pours litters at a time to add to the stability theory). And now the problem, my ato was draining a day to quickly for the past 2 weeks. I finally took the time out the check and inspect the float valve and realized the male barbed fitting was gushing water for god knows how long. Now, long story short, i contact redsea for the .50cent part as not one person in the US can find it other then paying someone to 3d print it. Went threw the whole shabang, then i get a email saying can i please provide them with a receipt. Now again long story short, i did redseas private delivery service a favor and delivered 2 other reefer 450s to where they needed to go before i took mine home but left the darn invoice/receipts stapled on someone elses crate. I AM NOT bashing redsea at all, they are amazing at what they bring to the table for hobbyest, but common i have everything but a receipt and they tell me no?.. hannah shipped me 10 reagent bottles free along with 100$ extra worth of stuff for just a sentence. If someone comes across the part please inform me thank you
Red Sea has replaced my float valve a couple of times but the last time it broke no reply. I contacted them at least twice and nothing.

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes up the entire space so same measurements as above with 14" tall and 21.5" tall at the ATO section

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Red Sea has replaced my float valve a couple of times but the last time it broke no reply. I contacted them at least twice and nothing.
Yea well i had about 5 paragraphs written up that i was about to post in this thread including screenshots of everything that went on. Im not one to open up claims, i always buy the piece or a new part and move on to keep the ball rolling otherwize id have to wait, i sent them a payment reciept with about 5 other things proving i bought the tank direct from them, and without their whole invoice that cones with the tank im out of the warrentee

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea well i had about 5 paragraphs written up that i was about to post in this thread including screenshots of everything that went on. Im not one to open up claims, i always buy the piece or a new part and move on to keep the ball rolling otherwize id have to wait, i sent them a payment reciept with about 5 other things proving i bought the tank direct from them, and without their whole invoice that cones with the tank im out of the warrentee
So if I purchased from an authorized reseller would I be covered thought the retailer or would I be in the same boat as you if I could not get the invoice from red sea from the person I purchased it from? Did you register the tank when you purchased?

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So if I purchased from an authorized reseller would I be covered thought the retailer or would I be in the same boat as you if I could not get the invoice from red sea from the person I purchased it from? Did you register the tank when you purchased?
Yes i registered the tank, they arent giving me a straight answer as to why they dont want to do it. Now i dont kno if its my fault or not but mylfs ordered 2 seperate tanks and wasnt there to sign for them so i picked them up to deliever 1 to someone and take mine home. I busted both crates because it was easyer for my truck to carry and must ve thrown the invoice out. Because of this im in trouble, i dont have an account with them, my friend at the lfs does and they are reliable to there product carrier. But not to there customers

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You should a million percent be covered through the retailer, it also depends on your lfs. My lfs are my friends so i only buy equipment 1 time, any parts break im covered, but this time around is a different story. The fitting isnt a big deal, a little elbow grease and superglue goes along way, but the reefer series is a little more then a year old. Also theres a bunch of us that were the first few to get these tanks in the us and dont kno if these panes will blast out next year. Thats what bothers me, they dont want to send me a 50cent part ontop of me having to pull string to even have them consider for me to purchase it. Like i said im in trouble lol

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should a million percent be covered through the retailer, it also depends on your lfs. My lfs are my friends so i only buy equipment 1 time, any parts break im covered, but this time around is a different story. The fitting isnt a big deal, a little elbow grease and superglue goes along way, but the reefer series is a little more then a year old. Also theres a bunch of us that were the first few to get these tanks in the us and dont kno if these panes will blast out next year. Thats what bothers me, they dont want to send me a 50cent part ontop of me having to pull string to even have them consider for me to purchase it. Like i said im in trouble lol
Got you. I had to order mine from a vendor in Florida. Did get it with in the first month it was available in the US as well. No one local had them at the time. Have they had issues with the with the glass not holding on the tanks?

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a quick search and didn't find anything if you have a link with issues will you send it over please.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Did a quick search and didn't find anything if you have a link with issues will you send it over please.
Lol there is no issues yet!! Im prob the only 1 out if everyone to be complaining!! But what im trying to say is there is no reviews yet, so if something were to start happening im not covered. Its the uncertainty that had my iffy, i love this tank more then when i had my elos.

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol there is no issues yet!! Im prob the only 1 out if everyone to be complaining!! But what im trying to say is there is no reviews yet, so if something were to start happening im not covered. Its the uncertainty that had my iffy, i love this tank more then when i had my elos.
Out. Think that was the 3rd or so time someone had mentioned that. I know the CAD tanks have had some failures.

Danny1496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my sump plumbing done
image.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.8%
Back