spspirates 150 gallon build

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy Andy Andy.......... this has to about the longest build thread in the history of R2R or maybe any Forum without having any WATER in it.... I jokingly said to someone a while back about this thread possibly hitting page 50 before it got wet... lol

Going to be awfully nice when done though bud, so appreciate it like a fine aged liquor/wine/cut of Beef when you finally taste the finished product.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention I will be doing a sand bed. Adding tonga and sand tomorrow. I'll add more pics tomorrow night.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy Andy Andy.......... this has to about the longest build thread in the history of R2R or maybe any Forum without having any WATER in it.... I jokingly said to someone a while back about this thread possibly hitting page 50 before it got wet... lol

Going to be awfully nice when done though bud, so appreciate it like a fine aged liquor/wine/cut of Beef when you finally taste the finished product.

Cheers, Todd

Thank you! Todd you know as well as me a reef display is always a work in progress!..LOL Im hoping the cycle will last no more than a month. So say.......Christmas I should be able to start constructing a reef, Can't wait!!! Iv'e had a reef tank for the last 10yrs straight with no break! I enjoyed my long build but back to the hobby:)

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
andy is gonna hve wter befor us , i have everything we need we just have some family problems ATM . so cant commit just yet with water . by the end of the year hopefully . cant wait too see it get wet on ur end .

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
andy is gonna hve wter befor us , i have everything we need we just have some family problems ATM . so cant commit just yet with water . by the end of the year hopefully . cant wait too see it get wet on ur end .

We all have bumps in the road, you'll have water in no time Rob!

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just about to pull the trigger on buying enough 3/4" acrylic to build a bit taller or bigger volume DT. Could be a tight RACE to see who finishes first. Actually looking forward to redoing the system with some desired improvements in plumbing as well as either a 'Ghost' style overflow like yours or a external Coast-to-Coast to also gain more interior real estate. Need more room for my fish to swim and will be selective to which Coral and Fish go back in.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sweet Todd! Can't wait so see what you end up doing. Coast to coast type drain is definitely the way to go. The 3/4in thickness will look awesome too. Are you going to add on to your existing build thread or start a new one?

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100 gallons in, the remaining will come Sunday morning. Looks dismal for now.

IMG_1488_zpsb8c0c294.jpg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost showtime! Is the Carib Sea Special Grade coarse or fine?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back