*** Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!! WIN a Plank Autofeeder and Custom Lid for Your Tank!! ***

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_20231115_102756692.jpg

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prompt #1 Bonus: Everyone else has much better pictures, but I love Wrasse. Have red coris, and yellow coris, want a choats....

but honestly guys all fish jump its a risk im not willing to take ive lost a clown that was part of a pair.... and a yellow coris prior to the one now.. Get a lid

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: The plank autofeeder would be an upgrade to my current autofeeder, and allow more precise, diverse feeding options as well as reduce floaters. The custom luxury lid would allow more placement options of other gear, while adding an option for screen vice my current glass lid.

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prompt #1: Gobies, they jump when you least expect it, and at the most inconvenient times. All well-behaved fish know that they must either jump where the lid will keep them contained, or wait to jump for the opening until I'm standing in front of the tank and prepared to catch them. Gobies just refuse to get onboard with the house rules...

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Official entry:

I would love the custom lid to replace my DIY screen cover, which keeps my wrasses from carpet surfing. The autofeeder would be great for dispensing "snacks" through out the day for my harem of anthias.

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: My tank is a RS 200XL G2 and I would use this to keep my fishies in my tank. Right now I have screen kept in place with clamps. It is kinda janky.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AVAST PLANK Top Lids Giveaway contest 4.jpg

Avast Marine and Top Lids are teaming up to bring you an awesome and fun giveaway with a bit of a different spin!! Welcome to the "Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!!" Both Avast Marine and Top Lids have established themselves with a reputation for quality and innovation that leads to epic excellence! We're proud to have both of these great companies as sponsors of our community, and super excited about seeing them come together for this event!

Now, I said this giveaway has a bit of a different spin to it, and here's what I mean... One of the things we love about having a community like Reef2Reef is that we can come together over our passion for all things marine and celebrate the wonderful parts of the reef hobby, we enjoy showing off tanks, talking through complications, finding solutions, and celebrating progress toward those thriving beautiful reef aquariums, and we do all of that together in community! Well, in this event, you guys are going to get to talk through all of these different aspects of the hobby with the guys behind these 2 awesome brands.

Each day, you will be given a discussion prompt (or sometimes maybe more than one), and your response to that prompt is your entry to the giveaway! It really is that simple! Engaging in conversation about reefing topics with @Avast Justin and @Top_Lids is how you participate and WIN in this contest!!

The grand prize for this giveaway is a Plank Autofeeder and a large bag of Reef Jerky (feeds an average size tank for 5-6 months) from Avast Marine and a custom Luxury Lid from Top Lids w/ Food Regulator!

Also, in addition to that grand prize, the great folks at Avast Marine and Top Lids have said that they will be monitoring the giveaway with the plan to award bonus prizes to people they see who are completely engaged with the contest and the ongoing conversations in here! So keep your participation up, and you could win cool bonus prizes!

Ready to get started? Here ya go!

HOW TO ENTER

OFFICIAL ENTRY (Required):
Make a post in this thread telling us about your tank and how you would use this prize if you win!

DAILY ENTRY OPPORTUNITIES: Here's how to get additional entries each day... Each day, one (or both) of the contest sponsors will post a discussion prompt. You get an entry to the contest by interacting with that prompt! (If there are multiple prompts, then multiple entries are possible for that day). Also, be sure to make ONE post in THIS thread for each entry. (Combined entries in a single post only counts as one entry.)

The goal is to keep the conversation going, learn and enjoy community, and win great prizes!!

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. Our partner member drive is currently open! Get more info HERE!!

THE PRIZE

Plank Autofeeder from Avast Marine + a large bag of Reef Jerky (feeds an average size tank for 5-6 months)

Feedercompletev3.3 copy.jpg
bags_be9014d3-c537-45cf-8938-b00a00480c7a copy.jpg

- 1 completely custom
Luxury Lid from Top Lids (max size of 72" x 26") + 1 Food Regulator with your choice of color

20230320_125059 (1).jpg

THE DRAWING

Entries will be accepted through December 22, 2023. We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner will be announced by Avast Marine and Top Lids in a special live stream on December 23rd. So be sure to join in for that drawing! (We will also tage the winner in this thread.)

Thanks again to Avast Marine and Top Lids for this awesome giveaway!

#r2rgiveaway
Official Entry: I have a brand new tank that has finished cycling, including the biome cycle. Fish have been ordered and I do have some known “jumpers” on my stock list so a super high-quality lid like @Top_Lids is a must. I didn’t really think about an auto-feeder since I’m retired and am home to feed the fish, but I will be getting those high-energy Anthias so an auto-feeder like Plank @Avast Justin seems prudent!

Last edited:

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AVAST PLANK Top Lids Giveaway contest 4.jpg

Avast Marine and Top Lids are teaming up to bring you an awesome and fun giveaway with a bit of a different spin!! Welcome to the "Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!!" Both Avast Marine and Top Lids have established themselves with a reputation for quality and innovation that leads to epic excellence! We're proud to have both of these great companies as sponsors of our community, and super excited about seeing them come together for this event!

Now, I said this giveaway has a bit of a different spin to it, and here's what I mean... One of the things we love about having a community like Reef2Reef is that we can come together over our passion for all things marine and celebrate the wonderful parts of the reef hobby, we enjoy showing off tanks, talking through complications, finding solutions, and celebrating progress toward those thriving beautiful reef aquariums, and we do all of that together in community! Well, in this event, you guys are going to get to talk through all of these different aspects of the hobby with the guys behind these 2 awesome brands.

Each day, you will be given a discussion prompt (or sometimes maybe more than one), and your response to that prompt is your entry to the giveaway! It really is that simple! Engaging in conversation about reefing topics with @Avast Justin and @Top_Lids is how you participate and WIN in this contest!!

The grand prize for this giveaway is a Plank Autofeeder and a large bag of Reef Jerky (feeds an average size tank for 5-6 months) from Avast Marine and a custom Luxury Lid from Top Lids w/ Food Regulator!

Also, in addition to that grand prize, the great folks at Avast Marine and Top Lids have said that they will be monitoring the giveaway with the plan to award bonus prizes to people they see who are completely engaged with the contest and the ongoing conversations in here! So keep your participation up, and you could win cool bonus prizes!

Ready to get started? Here ya go!

HOW TO ENTER

OFFICIAL ENTRY (Required):
Make a post in this thread telling us about your tank and how you would use this prize if you win!

DAILY ENTRY OPPORTUNITIES: Here's how to get additional entries each day... Each day, one (or both) of the contest sponsors will post a discussion prompt. You get an entry to the contest by interacting with that prompt! (If there are multiple prompts, then multiple entries are possible for that day). Also, be sure to make ONE post in THIS thread for each entry. (Combined entries in a single post only counts as one entry.)

The goal is to keep the conversation going, learn and enjoy community, and win great prizes!!

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. Our partner member drive is currently open! Get more info HERE!!

THE PRIZE

Plank Autofeeder from Avast Marine + a large bag of Reef Jerky (feeds an average size tank for 5-6 months)

Feedercompletev3.3 copy.jpg
bags_be9014d3-c537-45cf-8938-b00a00480c7a copy.jpg

- 1 completely custom
Luxury Lid from Top Lids (max size of 72" x 26") + 1 Food Regulator with your choice of color

20230320_125059 (1).jpg

THE DRAWING

Entries will be accepted through December 22, 2023. We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner will be announced by Avast Marine and Top Lids in a special live stream on December 23rd. So be sure to join in for that drawing! (We will also tage the winner in this thread.)

Thanks again to Avast Marine and Top Lids for this awesome giveaway!

#r2rgiveaway
Bonus Entry: R2R Partner Member

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)
I love the colors on the Melanurus Wrasse and it’s an extra bonus being a Utilitarian fish!

Last edited:

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)
I am just now ordering fish from Elliot at Marine Collectors and the Melanurus Wrasse is on the stocking list. So he isn’t in the tank yet, but here is a photo along with a pic of his future home in my tank.

Attachments

• 86766069-D83F-43EC-B117-B0D034557F9E.jpeg
    86766069-D83F-43EC-B117-B0D034557F9E.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 52
  • AB6DB203-4DAD-4B6B-A387-50F965724F71.jpeg
    AB6DB203-4DAD-4B6B-A387-50F965724F71.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 50

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

@Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Prompt #1 Bonus:

Here's a pic of my Ornate Leopard ("The Wrassetafarian") hanging out with my Convict ("Pootie Tang").

3003824-fa93ff9b4d25521cd00d76b1b1d1917f.jpg

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry - I use the lid on my 120g tank and use the autofeeder to feed my fish when I am on vacation. I currently use an autofeeder to feed dry food twice a day and then I hand feed frozen in the evening. My tank is a 120g mixed reef.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back