*** Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!! WIN a Plank Autofeeder and Custom Lid for Your Tank!! ***

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's the LINK to the livestream for the announcement of the winner!

AVAST PLANK Top Lids Giveaway contest 4.jpg

Avast Marine and Top Lids are teaming up to bring you an awesome and fun giveaway with a bit of a different spin!! Welcome to the "Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!!" Both Avast Marine and Top Lids have established themselves with a reputation for quality and innovation that leads to epic excellence! We're proud to have both of these great companies as sponsors of our community, and super excited about seeing them come together for this event!

Now, I said this giveaway has a bit of a different spin to it, and here's what I mean... One of the things we love about having a community like Reef2Reef is that we can come together over our passion for all things marine and celebrate the wonderful parts of the reef hobby, we enjoy showing off tanks, talking through complications, finding solutions, and celebrating progress toward those thriving beautiful reef aquariums, and we do all of that together in community! Well, in this event, you guys are going to get to talk through all of these different aspects of the hobby with the guys behind these 2 awesome brands.

Each day, you will be given a discussion prompt (or sometimes maybe more than one), and your response to that prompt is your entry to the giveaway! It really is that simple! Engaging in conversation about reefing topics with @Avast Justin and @Top_Lids is how you participate and WIN in this contest!!

The grand prize for this giveaway is a Plank Autofeeder and a large bag of Reef Jerky (feeds an average size tank for 5-6 months) from Avast Marine and a custom Luxury Lid from Top Lids w/ Food Regulator!

Also, in addition to that grand prize, the great folks at Avast Marine and Top Lids have said that they will be monitoring the giveaway with the plan to award bonus prizes to people they see who are completely engaged with the contest and the ongoing conversations in here! So keep your participation up, and you could win cool bonus prizes!

Ready to get started? Here ya go!

HOW TO ENTER

OFFICIAL ENTRY (Required):
Make a post in this thread telling us about your tank and how you would use this prize if you win!

DAILY ENTRY OPPORTUNITIES: Here's how to get additional entries each day... Each day, one (or both) of the contest sponsors will post a discussion prompt. You get an entry to the contest by interacting with that prompt! (If there are multiple prompts, then multiple entries are possible for that day). Also, be sure to make ONE post in THIS thread for each entry. (Combined entries in a single post only counts as one entry.)

The goal is to keep the conversation going, learn and enjoy community, and win great prizes!!

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. Our partner member drive is currently open! Get more info HERE!!

THE PRIZE

Plank Autofeeder from Avast Marine + a large bag of Reef Jerky (feeds an average size tank for 5-6 months)

Feedercompletev3.3 copy.jpg
bags_be9014d3-c537-45cf-8938-b00a00480c7a copy.jpg

- 1 completely custom
Luxury Lid from Top Lids (max size of 72" x 26") + 1 Food Regulator with your choice of color

20230320_125059 (1).jpg

THE DRAWING

Entries will be accepted through December 22, 2023 (now extended to December 27th). We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner will be announced by Avast Marine and Top Lids in a special live stream on December 23rd (now extended to December 28th). We will post a thread for the live stream (
Here's the LINK to the livestream). So be sure to join in for that drawing! (We will also tage the winner in this thread.)

Thanks again to Avast Marine and Top Lids for this awesome giveaway!

#r2rgiveaway

Last edited:

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry, I would love a better lid on my tank, currently using glass lids and they're a pain for maintenance. Plus they won't fit that auto feeder. And love, LOVE the feeder, would love to try it.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use this for all of our traveling socwe no longer have to enlist all of our friends.

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official post: I don't have a tank yet but I just ordered one from a custom builder. One of my next steps would be to decide where to get order a custom lid. If I won, then I won't need to decide and use Top Lids. The Avast feeder I considered in case I had to travel and would be great to have.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Official Entry: my tank is a 125 mixed reef. I already run two autofeeders and have an egg crate lid. I'd use this to upgrade!

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry!
I am currently building and waiting for the delivery of my new SCA150. The plan for the tank is mainly wrasse. I love how personable they are. Researched the plank and its 100% what i want for the wrasse. Now that obviously gives way to the reason for the lid!!! I have a splash daily from my current tank of wrasse.

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prompt #1
My favorite are wrasse. They have such personalitys, and always greet me at the tank! Also when they flash and get spicy its fun to watch!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)
Prompt answer: Favorite fish or definitely wrasse!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

Bonus Prompt picture:
IMG_20231115_154613423.jpg

Halichoeres Leucoxanthus. If you look close, I think the Halichoeres Garnoti and maybe the Halichoeres Melanurus are somewhere in there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back