Terrible Profilux performance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a shame.
Hi,

no it's not a shame it's normal, there are procedures for everything, if you think that the developers of ghl have only that to do to walk around the forums to see possible problems to be solved, tickets are the official procedure. if you have an administrative problem you do not write on the forums hoping that someone from the administration reads your problem and solves it, you use the appropriate forms, it is the same.

Gaël

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a shame.
Pretty sure GHL could care less... lol. It's funny, when you search GHL threads there are two types:

(1) fanboys that even if they have problems, and spend countless hours setting this thing up, praise how great the profilux, etc., is. It's like while you own one, there is an unwritten rule you must praise GHL and believe the product is wonderful; you are not allowed to own it and not like it.

(2) purchasers that finally went postal and mad and gave away, sold, or otherwise got rid of it and thank the heavens as that was best decision they ever made. They finally got out of the 1990's (for a second time) and back into the 20th century in regard to controller software. These posts are quickly swallowed by fanboys blaming the user for not being able to use such a perfect product.

I think GHL actually listen to those people raising the usability issues and just spend a small amount of time and resources, compared to developing entirely new products, and vastly improve the software and user experience.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi,

no it's not a shame it's normal, there are procedures for everything, if you think that the developers of ghl have only that to do to walk around the forums to see possible problems to be solved, tickets are the official procedure. if you have an administrative problem you do not write on the forums hoping that someone from the administration reads your problem and solves it, you use the appropriate forms, it is the same.

Gaël

GHL monitors these forums. They reply when they want to, but not when they don’t.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL monitors these forums. They reply when they want to, but not when they don’t.
I wrote "developers".
Forum is not the appropriate tool for a technical support request and the follow-up of them, tickets are.

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure GHL could care less... lol. It's funny, when you search GHL threads there are two types:

(1) fanboys that even if they have problems, and spend countless hours setting this thing up, praise how great the profilux, etc., is. It's like while you own one, there is an unwritten rule you must praise GHL and believe the product is wonderful; you are not allowed to own it and not like it.

(2) purchasers that finally went postal and mad and gave away, sold, or otherwise got rid of it and thank the heavens as that was best decision they ever made. They finally got out of the 1990's (for a second time) and back into the 20th century in regard to controller software. These posts are quickly swallowed by fanboys blaming the user for not being able to use such a perfect product.

I think GHL actually listen to those people raising the usability issues and just spend a small amount of time and resources, compared to developing entirely new products, and vastly improve the software and user experience.
And in another thread - you ask people to spend their time and solve your problems instead of learning by yourself how to do it. Good to have people to help in these threads but in other threads you name the same persons as fanboys.

Sincerely Lasse

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in another thread - you ask people to spend their time and solve your problems instead of learning by yourself how to do it. Good to have people to help in these threads but in other threads you name the same persons as fanboys.

Sincerely Lasse
Lasse I have appreciated your's and everyone's time spent trying to help me. I have said that to you in messages and online and i mean it.

And I have spent WEEKS on this myself. To suggest i haven't put my time in "learning by [my]self" is LUDICROUS. My whole point is that GHL is VERY difficult to learn and use. I understand you don't agree, or don't like hearing that, because you feel that doesn't "respect" GHL, as you said in another post. But i could careless about "respecting" GHL. My honest feedback is my honest feedback, untainted by anything but what i think.

I have opened tickets and tried to communicate with people out of country but it's not easy and not convenient for someone like me who works 80 hours a week. I have spent days on my own time screwing with GHL, watching videos, reading tutorials. And yes for about a day, i get it for that time. But it's such cumbersome software there is no way i am going to remember all that in a few weeks or months.... That is what sucks about GHL software, you can't retain it and easily recall how to do programming. By its very software design and lack usability, it requires constant referring to manuals and the like. I don't like that. Maybe you do. I do not.

When it comes to fanboy comments, is it really offensive if someone called you a fan boy? It's more just kind of a reality isn't it--you love GHL. Nothing wrong with that at all, not one bit.... But you're never going to say one bad thing about GHL and that's fine. But, i take that into account when you give advice and say anything. And on the other side of the coin, that said, i do not love GHL. The software has issues. That's my opinion.

In my case, csund was just over and we were screwing with my profilux, AGAIN, and we've pretty much determined--it's not my wifi--like everyone kept saying. Even csund, who doesn't take offense to me calling him a fanboy--because he is one, lol (and i am anti-GHL'er, or whatever) says something is wrong with the hardware on my profilux, probably the wifi-chip. He would know, he kinda does this troubleshooting for a living.

So again, i have a HARDWARE ISSUE with GHL.

I know, i know, i just said it. Pure sacrilege.! But CSUND confirmed it--and trust he would not unless he absolutely had to!!!

Again, I have a hardware issue with my GHL. GHL hardware is NOT perfect. Mine is defective.

Let the hate messages come... The impossible has occurred. Perfect German engineering is not perfect

I spent all this time being told it must be my wifi or my lack of understanding. NOPE. Just like i thought--but no one would ever consider as being a possibility.... They all said "open a ticket" that will fix--like i was obviously doing something wrong and just had be shown so by GHL....

Well, again, my profilux has a hardware issue. Maybe next time if someone says they're having issues with their GHL be open to the possibility that it's not user's wifi and not the user's lack understanding and not the user's lack of spending the time to "learn" the programming. IT JUST MIGHT BE GHL'S HARDWARE.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case, csund was just over and we were screwing with my profilux, AGAIN, and we've pretty much determined--it's not my wifi--like everyone kept saying. Even csund, who doesn't take offense to me calling him a fanboy--because he is one, lol (and i am anti-GHL'er, or whatever) says something is wrong with the hardware on my profilux, probably the wifi-chip. He would know, he kinda does this troubleshooting for a living.

So again, i have a HARDWARE ISSUE with GHL.
Exactly - that´s the reason why I ( and here - once again) and others have recommend you to use the ticket system very early in the process and thread instead of all this negative writing with many references to germany as a nation, people and technical competence. Yes I saw your sentence in one of the post that was was so rude that a moderator reacted after a short time and removed just that sentence.

. But you're never going to say one bad thing about GHL and that's fine. But, i take that into account when you give advice and say anything. And on the other side of the coin, that said, i do not love GHL. The software has issues. That's my opinion.

You do not know anything about this at all. I have been using GHL;s hard and software since 2009 and in applications and extent that you can´t dream of.

Of course I have had issues with their software/hardware during this time but after a good description and troubleshooting in their ticket system or in their own support forum - it always have been solved to full satisfaction for me.

Again, I have a hardware issue with my GHL. GHL hardware is NOT perfect. Mine is defective.

Let the hate messages come... The impossible has occurred. Perfect German engineering is not perfect.

I spent all this time being told it must be my wifi or my lack of understanding. NOPE. Just like i thought--but no one would ever consider as being a possibility.... They all said "open a ticket" that will fix--like i was obviously doing something wrong and just had be shown so by GHL...

Why should hate message come? I have not seen any hate message to you from anyone you name fanboy - why should it come now.

My bold
People of certain age know for sure that friday afternoon models exist in every product line in the world (Europeans call them monday models by the way). I mentioned in post 70 in this thread that you may have a hardware issue From that post
With Mywifeisgunnakillme case - I know that he have problems and that people try to help him to solve it. But it can be a hardware failure - therefore it is important to have a discussion with the manufacturer or its representant.

because you feel that doesn't "respect" GHL, as you said in another post.

It is not because you complain that I see you as disrespectful. It´s because of posts like this, this, this, this, this and this that make you disrespectful in my eyes.

You have - in this thread spent a lot of time complaining of GHL software and it maybe ends up with the fact that it can be a hardware problem - a possibility that at least I suggest in the thread Funny how reality works sometimes.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly - that´s the reason why I ( and here - once again) and others have recommend you to use the ticket system very early in the process and thread instead of all this negative writing with many references to germany as a nation, people and technical competence. Yes I saw your sentence in one of the post that was was so rude that a moderator reacted after a short time and removed just that sentence.

You do not know anything about this at all. I have been using GHL;s hard and software since 2009 and in applications and extent that you can´t dream of.

Of course I have had issues with their software/hardware during this time but after a good description and troubleshooting in their ticket system or in their own support forum - it always have been solved to full satisfaction for me.

Why should hate message come? I have not seen any hate message to you from anyone you name fanboy - why should it come now.

My bold
People of certain age know for sure that friday afternoon models exist in every product line in the world (Europeans call them monday models by the way). I mentioned in post 70 in this thread that you may have a hardware issue

It is not because you complain that I see you as disrespectful. It´s because of posts like this, this, this, this, this and this that make you disrespectful in my eyes.

You have - in this thread spent a lot of time complaining of GHL software and it maybe ends up with the fact that it can be a hardware problem - a possibility that at least I suggest in the thread Funny how reality works sometimes.

Sincerely Lasse
No one and i mean no one even once said this might be a hardware issue. I was constantly told it was my "wifi" and that i didn't know what i was doing programming this thing. The latter is just true for 90% of all users--90% of all users will can never master this software....

The whole reason i am a "complaining" is because beyond the hardware issue--GHL software sucks a big fat donkey you know what. As another pointed out--it's pretty sad that nothing changes with GHL even when people make obvious, legitimate, complaints about their product.

The fact you have used GHL since 2009 and the software is still in the state that it is--more people, including you, need to complain!

I am not rude. I am just plain spoken and don't beat around the bush. When GHL advertises "easy to use" they are lying. They should actually make their product easy to use. It would not be that much effort.

My only goal here is to not have not wasted my money and help twist GHL's arm into improving its software. Asking nicely won't do a dam thing. The more complaints online--the more people search GHL on google and these complaints pop up.. Means less sales... Means at some point GHL can either address the issues with their software and help people that have bought their stuff--or they can enjoy less of a bottom line than they otherwise would.

I mean GHL's software is so bad--that is the exact reason BRS refused to carry it for so long---it's almost an impossible to learn aquarium controller for an experienced reefer let alone someone new to the hobby.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, couldn't have said it better myself! ;)

1641365623755.png

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A number of posts have been removed. Please do not get personal and if you have an issue with someone please report it. Thanks.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...The fact you have used GHL since 2009 and the software is still in the state that it is--more people, including you, need to complain!...
I really have no major gripes with the software (GCC, webserver, app), what specific aspects of it should I be complaining about?

I would like to be able to add virtual probes in the software and have them restored when reloading settings. A hysteresis on the alarm settings would also be nice.

JoeinLA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, I’m pretty sure one or more participants in this thread is/are just trolling those few others who insist on being trolled.

I, for one, am enjoying the show. With popcorn.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote "developers".
Forum is not the appropriate tool for a technical support request and the follow-up of them, tickets are.

Gaël
Wouldn't just answering questions online be more helpful to users and reduce tickets (many would never open one in the first place because they found the answer here.........)? Or is it better for GHL to keep its dirty laundry private and in house?

I mean i can't count the number "technical" support posts there on this forum... Isn't that why people post problems? For answers?

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%

Back