OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. :face-with-tears-of-joy: It's the one that came in my Pico kit. It's all good. I'm printing parts for it.
I need to check with production. Those are not the correct ones. We only use S x T. Looks like we got sent the wrong ones. I remember them saying this project cleaned out most of the inventory of these. When we use them they get pre plumbed so it would have been caught. The DIY were kitted. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Nick711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sides-->AIO-->Top--> Bottom

Ok interesting - thanks!

Did you find it difficult doing the bottom around the AIO that way? I’ve been waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to assemble so that I can do it in garage, but that was one part I remained skeptical about. Did you only use Weldon for the AIO or any silicone?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok interesting - thanks!

Did you find it difficult doing the bottom around the AIO that way? I’ve been waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to assemble so that I can do it in garage, but that was one part I remained skeptical about. Did you only use Weldon for the AIO or any silicone?
What do you mean bottom around the AIO? Only used Weldon 4. I used larger than recommended pins for the pin method but it worked out.

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok interesting - thanks!

From questions I take it this might be your first DIY build. Many Youtube videos out there so watch a few for tips, tricks and how to's. See my post #799 on Electrical tape when gluing.

Many options of assemble order depending on your ability, and how much DIY you might do with kit.
Personally I assembled AIO first. Glued on media baffle and used silicone for the optional pump baffle in case I want to move or remove it later on.
My build order. 1) AIO 2) Main tank - Back to side1, side 2. Recommend and wish i did this... Use AIO assembly as a width guide for side 2 so there isn't a gap like I had on one end of my AIO. Then front (use AIO as guide), bottom, and finally the AIO assemble. I did all this planning for Euro brace last to have room for a hand in AIO chambers for tape/silicone. Will be doing Euro brace last by flipping tank over and tacking on the brace. Then will glue around inside edges to seal it up.

Highly recommend Weldon-4. Cleaner looking seams. 16 is thicker and messy. Did whole tank in 4 with the exception of one end of AIO back wall where I tried 16 to fill a wider gap. Mistake! Seam was an ugly mess with 16 which you can see the difference in pictures below comparing 4 & 16 seams. Ended up taping off edges of tank/AIO end and running a bead of silicone to clean it up best I could. (2nd 16 picture) Going to paint AIO area any way so hopefully that hides the ugly 16 seam more.

As for the adhering the bottom around the AIO you really only have to seal off the 3 edges of the display area to make it water tight. Inside AIO area the media baffle only needs to be glued to the back wall since it has feet. No need to glue to the bottom unless you want to. Depending on how you place the optional pump baffle, there is enough room to get a hand in there to glue it to the bottom from the middle chamber if you want. This seals off that chamber from middle. I silicone the optional baffle in place in case I decide to remove it or move it down the road. Did this by taping off the edges from middle chamber side only and ran small bead to seal it off.

Good Luck!!! PS: Practice on the spare pieces and scrap.

1712157403244.png

dansyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knock on wood, still watertight 3 weeks in! Really really hoping this stays leak free. After a week or so I threw some rock and media to help it get a jump start just in case. IMG_6867.jpeg

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knock on wood, still watertight 3 weeks in! Really really hoping this stays leak free. After a week or so I threw some rock and media to help it get a jump start just in case. IMG_6867.jpeg
Nice! I'm thinking about doing the Tampa Bay Saltwater Pico Package. 3 lbs of sand and 6 lbs of rock should be perfect for this!

dansyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I'm thinking about doing the Tampa Bay Saltwater Pico Package. 3 lbs of sand and 6 lbs of rock should be perfect for this!
That package sounds great, I’ve been looking for a reason to get TBS rock but I keep hesitating to pull the trigger because I’m in Los Angeles and I worry too much about invasives for it to not make me adjust my water change routine. But you totally should!!!

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That package sounds great, I’ve been looking for a reason to get TBS rock but I keep hesitating to pull the trigger because I’m in Los Angeles and I worry too much about invasives for it to not make me adjust my water change routine. But you totally should!!!
I wouldn't worry too much about invasives in a tiny tank. I've set up 2 tanks, 1 with bleached rock and 1 with gulf rock and will never not do live rock again.

dansyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry too much about invasives in a tiny tank. I've set up 2 tanks, 1 with bleached rock and 1 with gulf rock and will never not do live rock again.
ah no i don't mean hitchhikers etc, i'm good with all that. Big fan of [responsible] live rock and all that the bonus life. I mean the whole possibility for introducing Gulf -> Pacific invasives. If only someone did aquacultured live rock out here?

I know most aquarium stuff has already gotten here but.... i don't reaaaaally have a reason not to when i have an lfs nearby with better than average "live" rock.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back