Thinking of upgrading to IM EXT 170 (Talk me off the ledge?)

Sirlagzalott

Back at it after a 12yr hiatus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have their 75INT model and love it. Had to go with the 75 because the only place to put it matched perfectly with the dimensions.

There is a guy locally selling a brand new one with stand here in NE Ohio that is still in the crate. If I had the space, I would love that tank.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150g lagoon here too.

I wanted the depth as well, as i transitioned from a cube.
I didn't have thoughts of having many large tangs, so i didn't need the long tank which tangs prefer.

The wider tank tho, will require xr30's over xr15's tho, or a light orientated so you can cover a 4x3 foot wide tank, so plan light possition in accordance.

OP
OP
AquaForge

AquaForge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150g lagoon here too.

I wanted the depth as well, as i transitioned from a cube.
I didn't have thoughts of having many large tangs, so i didn't need the long tank which tangs prefer.

The wider tank tho, will require xr30's over xr15's tho, or a light orientated so you can cover a 4x3 foot wide tank, so plan light possition in accordance.
I am hoping to use my 3 Current USA R24s. I have 2 54w and 1 95W. Plan is to get 2 current LED blades 48" to go on the front and the back of the set. Should be plenty of coverage as my current 60 gallon tank I can barely turn up the lights and my PAR is right up there in the 300 range (top of the rock).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back