Updates for the ReefBreeders Photon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to know what exactly justifies the huge price increase? To claim that these lights will out perform anything else on the market is quite bold. Is there more spectral data that I'm not finding to back this up? Also, I wanted to inquire on why these look like exact copies of the Reef Factory lights?
One more important thing to note- those were estimated prices.

Our current Price list is below:

Aquaman508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more important thing to note- those were estimated prices.

Our current Price list is below:

Hi Logan! Do you have any suggestions for a 4'x3' SPS dominate 19" tall? I dont know whether to use bars with a Meridian 35 or get (4) Meridian 11's...... By the way. LOVE the new arm design. Sleek, clean and minimal.

thand1582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Logan! Do you have any suggestions for a 4'x3' SPS dominate 19" tall? I dont know whether to use bars with a Meridian 35 or get (4) Meridian 11's...... By the way. LOVE the new arm design. Sleek, clean and minimal.
I am in the same boat and would love to hear input.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am in the same boat and would love to hear input.
Hey there, here's a breakdown of several options from highest to lowest power. The new Back of tank mount can support up to 6 Meridian Edge Bars, so those are another great option for lighting your tank. Keep in mind all of these options would work for SPS in tanks up to 36" high- so the first few in this list may be overkill for a 19" deep tank. You can always reduce the number of lights and add on our Encompass OHM optics for more spread.

Given the tank is 3 feet front to back, I recommend hanging the lights from the ceiling, or using the side of tank mounts. We are working on a new and improved side mount based off the new rear mounts as well, stay tuned for details on that one!

4-6 x Meridian Edge 45 or 35 Bars, Either Saltwater Spectrum or mix/match SW, UV/Blue
2 x Meridian 45s
1 x Meridian 45 + 2 x Edge 45 Bars, Saltwater Spectrum
2 x Meridian 35s
1 x Meridian 35 + 2 x Edge 35 or 45 Bars, Saltwater Spectrum
4 x Meridian 11

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know if these fixtures are any more reliable than the last ones i purchased from Reefbreeders?
I mean they literally spent more time on a UPS truck going back and forth to Logan for repairs then they did over my tank.
After sending my fixtures back numerous times to have the ballasts replaced, Logan finally gave up and told me to only run the fixtures at 50% so they don't burn out. Funny thing is i never ran the fixtures over 50% since the day i bought them. Still waiting to get 50% of my money back.

Aquaman508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, here's a breakdown of several options from highest to lowest power. The new Back of tank mount can support up to 6 Meridian Edge Bars, so those are another great option for lighting your tank. Keep in mind all of these options would work for SPS in tanks up to 36" high- so the first few in this list may be overkill for a 19" deep tank. You can always reduce the number of lights and add on our Encompass OHM optics for more spread.

Given the tank is 3 feet front to back, I recommend hanging the lights from the ceiling, or using the side of tank mounts. We are working on a new and improved side mount based off the new rear mounts as well, stay tuned for details on that one!

4-6 x Meridian Edge 45 or 35 Bars, Either Saltwater Spectrum or mix/match SW, UV/Blue
2 x Meridian 45s
1 x Meridian 45 + 2 x Edge 45 Bars, Saltwater Spectrum
2 x Meridian 35s
1 x Meridian 35 + 2 x Edge 35 or 45 Bars, Saltwater Spectrum
4 x Meridian 11
Thanks Logan! I appreciate the response. 1 x Meridian 35 + 2 x Edge 35 it is!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know if these fixtures are any more reliable than the last ones i purchased from Reefbreeders?
I mean they literally spent more time on a UPS truck going back and forth to Logan for repairs then they did over my tank.
After sending my fixtures back numerous times to have the ballasts replaced, Logan finally gave up and told me to only run the fixtures at 50% so they don't burn out. Funny thing is i never ran the fixtures over 50% since the day i bought them. Still waiting to get 50% of my money back.
We sincerely regret to hear about the issues you've encountered with your Photon V1s and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Your satisfaction is paramount to us, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Regarding the Photon V1 lights you purchased in 2014, we want to clarify that they were serviced under warranty for the first two years. Post-warranty, we continued to offer repairs at a discounted rate, understanding the importance of maintaining the longevity and performance of our products. These services were typically spaced about 12 months apart, which is not common as many of our V1 customers are enjoying their lights for over a decade without issue.

We also recognize the importance of regular maintenance, such as cleaning to prevent salt and dust buildup, in ensuring the optimal performance of our lights. While we understand that each customer's experience can vary, we are committed to learning from each case to improve our products and services.

In response to customer feedback, our Photon V2 series, released in 2016, features completely redesigned components for enhanced reliability and performance. The entire V2 acts as a heat sink, and has an external power supply to further reduce heat inside the light. We made these changes to ensure a better experience for all our customers.

The Meridian further is a major upgrade on the Photon's design, with even more features to protect internal components against the intrusion of salt spray and dust particles. The Fans are isolated and sealed, the LED matrixes are a single panel with an integrated splash shield, and the added silicon gaskets on each end of the light provide an additional seal to protect the internals.

Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we are here to support you further if needed. Please feel free to reach out directly for any assistance. We are dedicated to resolving your concerns and ensuring a positive experience with our products.

Aquaman508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jody,

There are a couple options for a 6 foot tank:

1) Meridian 63- $1,699

2) Meridian 11 x 3 ($399 ea)
2x ICS (integrated connection system- $59/ea)
2 x daisy chaining cables ($19/ea)
400watt power supply ($129).

Total price Estimate is $1300-$1490. Because the Meridian 11s won't need individual power supplies on top of the larger 400w power supply, the price may be lower if they're ordered as a set. Set prices TBD.

The ICS rails connect to the front/back of the meridians- and are the perfect length to link Meridian 11s over tanks in 2 foot increments. They're designed to center a Meridian 11 over each 24" section of tank, and you can connect up to 5 Meridian 11s to a 400watt power supply (available on release), or 8 to a 600watt power supply (Currently being tested).

The new layout is more efficient than the Photons- we reduced the number of white LEDs to match the color ratio most people are using with Photons- and replaced the green/red with a warm white LED to fill that area of the spectrum. There are far more royal blues and violets, as well as new 440nm violets that fill the spectrum perfectly between the 415nm violets and 450nm royals.
I'm loving the spectrum. It'll probably have a Reef Brite XHO look to it with more uv. Most of us shut off reds and green and put white on 10% for only half the day anyways. Now you can set to 100% on all channels like G6 Blues during the day and turn off the whites around 1pm and watch the glow begin. LOVE IT!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm loving the spectrum. It'll probably have a Reef Brite XHO look to it with more uv. Most of us shut off reds and green and put white on 10% for only half the day anyways. Now you can set to 100% on all channels like G6 Blues during the day and turn off the whites around 1pm and watch the glow begin. LOVE IT!
honestly me too! I think it looks incredible and my acros have responded extremely well. I can not wait to more of these over my tanks! so far, way good!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back