Uronema marinum

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately eBay. I cant source it here. It clears up the uro but when transferred it comes back. It my be in my display and I have a few immune chromis.

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've already lost one chromis and have another that I'm sure isn't going to make it. Seeing red splotches on at least one other. Started them in metro 2 days ago and am about to do the second dose now. Have been slowly ramping up copper levels but have not reached therapuedic yet. Should I get copper to therapuedic quicker? Or up the dose of metro? Would really like to not lose the rest of these guys.. Does uronema always kill this quick. I started medicating the day after seeing signs of it..

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna make sure I'm dosing metro correctly.. I've been putting the powder in a small cup of tank water and swirling it to mix but there has still been powder present when pouring it in the tank. I've made sure to pour it in a high flow area to be dispursed

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna make sure I'm dosing metro correctly.. I've been putting the powder in a small cup of tank water and swirling it to mix but there has still been powder present when pouring it in the tank. I've made sure to pour it in a high flow area to be dispursed

Which metro product are you using? Metroplex or something else??

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes metroplex

You'll want to dose on the high side for uronema - 2 spoons/measures per every 10 gallons. Repeat every 48 hours for 14 days.

You also need to food soak Metroplex (using Seachem Focus to bind it), and feed that medicated slurry daily to kill uronema internally.

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll want to dose on the high side for uronema - 2 spoons/measures per every 10 gallons. Repeat every 48 hours for 14 days.

You also need to food soak Metroplex (using Seachem Focus to bind it), and feed that medicated slurry daily to kill uronema internally.
Ok the first dose was only 1 scoop per 10 gallons. Maybe that's why I'm losing fish :( I've double today's dose and will have some focus here tomorrow to start that. Hope these others pull through..

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question, since I've lost one and will most likely lose a couple more of this batch, would I be able to get another group and add them to the same quarantine? Or is it not recommended to add new fish to an existing already medicated quarantine?

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question, since I've lost one and will most likely lose a couple more of this batch, would I be able to get another group and add them to the same quarantine? Or is it not recommended to add new fish to an existing already medicated quarantine?

I would get these through QT, sterilize your QT and then try again with another batch.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just hoping to save on quarantine time. It won't hurt anything to introduce them to the display separately?

Well, chromis tend to squabble anyway so there’s no telling how established ones will react to new additions. Sorry, wish I had better news for you today. :(

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, chromis tend to squabble anyway so there’s no telling how established ones will react to new additions. Sorry, wish I had better news for you today. :(
Hm. Think that would still be a better bet then trying to introduce more to the quarantine?

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm. Think that would still be a better bet then trying to introduce more to the quarantine?

I mean, you can try. Just remember to restart the QT clock at Day 1 when adding the new chromis. Treat the entire QT like all the fish were just put in it.

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've lost 3 of the 6 chromis I have so far. Is there much hope of saving them once they start developing the red spots or are they pretty much goners at that point?

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've lost 3 of the 6 chromis I have so far. Is there much hope of saving them once they start developing the red spots or are they pretty much goners at that point?

I'd get more aggressive with treatment. Giving the survivors a 45 min formalin bath: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/formalin.290925/

OR 90 min Rally bath: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/acriflavine.282887/

OR a 5 min FW dip: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/freshwater-dip.248898/

After one of those, transfer them into a sterile QT (to prevent reinfection) and resume dosing metro for 10-14 days (on the high end).

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get more aggressive with treatment. Giving the survivors a 45 min formalin bath: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/formalin.290925/

OR 90 min Rally bath: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/acriflavine.282887/

OR a 5 min FW dip: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/freshwater-dip.248898/

After one of those, transfer them into a sterile QT (to prevent reinfection) and resume dosing metro for 10-14 days (on the high end).
I don't have another quarantine tank to use..

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have another quarantine tank to use..

Do one of the baths or FW dip, and then put them back into the same QT. Keep dosing metro in there every 48 hrs. Hopefully the baths/dip will provide enough temporary relief so metro can finish it off.

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do one of the baths or FW dip, and then put them back into the same QT. Keep dosing metro in there every 48 hrs. Hopefully the baths/dip will provide enough temporary relief so metro can finish it off.
Ok I will do that. I don't have any of the dips on hand so it will have to be a fresh water bath.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back