What is the point of Live Rock Enhance?

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no such thing as a dumb question! :)

Here is a direct quote from Saltwateraquarium.com

"Live Rock Enhance™ contains microbial spores and their attendant enzymes. The ingredients in Live Rock Enhance™ eat and dissolve detritus, dead algae, slime and decomposing life attached to, and within, rocks, sand, in the aquarium and/or in live rock curing containers.

Live Rock Enhance™ will help unclog biofilters, refugiums, and places decomposing detritus accumulates. Allows colonization of desirable organisms faster and prevents impacted detritus from interfering with colonization."

It just helps the nitrifying bacteria grow, and also helps to clean your tank in a way.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"Live Rock Enhance™ contains microbial spores and their attendant enzymes. The ingredients in Live Rock Enhance™ eat and dissolve detritus, dead algae, slime and decomposing life attached to, and within, rocks, sand, in the aquarium and/or in live rock curing containers.

Live Rock Enhance™ will help unclog biofilters, refugiums, and places decomposing detritus accumulates. Allows colonization of desirable organisms faster and prevents impacted detritus from interfering with colonization."

It just helps the nitrifying bacteria grow, and also helps to clean your tank in a way.
So a question, is this something one would use in an established tank? I have never heard of it before.just curious. Is it something similar to Microbacter 7.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a question, is this something one would use in an established tank? I have never heard of it before.just curious. Is it something similar to Microbacter 7.
I believe you can, but I don't believe it is necessary as you already have an established nitrifying bacteria population. I guess you could use it to help dissolve things like detritus, but I am not too sure.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve bought MB7 …seemed like it worked, but anything that works over days is always hard to prove efficacy given all the daily tank variables….

but this product, not sure but To me sounds like they are really piling it on here

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In imagine it's a bacterial cocktail with a dose of organic carbon

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve bought MB7 …seemed like it worked, but anything that works over days is always hard to prove efficacy given all the daily tank variables….

but this product, not sure but To me sounds like they are really piling it on here
Yeah, it's always hard to tell because of tank variabilitys. I assume before any reef product is put to sale, they go through multiple tests. Especially things that mess with water chemistry. And yes, large reef retailers tend to make a product seem too good to be true. I believe this product does its job, just not as well as it is advertises.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but what is the point of Live Rock Enhance?
Far from definitive, but it looks like some sort of yeast to me, maybe with a little of something else;

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reminds me of a product with similar promises and effectiveness.
Clark_Stanley's_Snake_Oil_Liniment.png

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, only a tiny fraction of the microbial stuff on reefs can be cultured and stuck in a bottle (Coral . . . @ 6:30). If you really want to improve the microbial diversity in your system get Reef Rubble and/or reef sand from Aquabiomics (it's tested to assure no pathogens are present) or get maricultured live rock or maricultured live sand from Gulf Live ROck, KP Aquatics or Tampa Bay Saltwater. If you can find, and afford,wild live rock and get it shipped air frieght that would be better

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back