Whats up with new members "subscribing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me: par levels for acropora

chatgpt3.5: In a reef tank setting, "par levels" refer to the amount of light that reaches a specific area within the tank. Acropora corals are known to require high light levels for optimal growth and coloration.

Typically, Acropora corals need to be placed in an area of the tank where they can receive high to very high light intensity. PAR levels for Acropora corals are often recommended to be in the range of 200-400 PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation), with some species even benefiting from PAR levels above 400.

To achieve these PAR levels for Acropora corals, it is important to use high-quality lighting fixtures specifically designed for coral reef tanks, such as LED lights that can be adjusted to provide the appropriate intensity and spectrum. It's also essential to consider the depth of the tank, as light intensity decreases with depth, so adjustments may be needed based on the height of the tank.

Regular monitoring of PAR levels using a PAR meter is recommended to ensure that the corals are receiving the appropriate amount of light for their growth and health. Additionally, acclimating the corals gradually to higher light levels can help prevent stress and ensure their long-term success in the tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats not at all what i implied, you misunderstood.
"go check out the chemistry forum here and see the AI prompts answers..... def not right and could cause serious harm to your tank and its inhabitants"
kinda is...
except the second paragraph, that was to op

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you talking about? Links please.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Subscribed”. Most of the contests require you to subscribe to their FB, insta, YT, newsletter, blog etc for bonus entries into contests. Much as “supporting member” is often a bonus entry. Is this what you’re seeing maybe?

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Subscribed”. Most of the contests require you to subscribe to their FB, insta, YT, newsletter, blog etc for bonus entries into contests. Much as “supporting member” is often a bonus entry. Is this what you’re seeing maybe?
No if you dont come here but are still into reefing and you go to red seas website or fb youll see the contest. On their end you get a bonus entry for getting an account here. Thats what this is.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI posting to forums or answering in them is a thing? Now that would be a game changer
I dont know if its a copy and paste thing from new members or if its actually AI. I have seen a couple in the last couple months. New member 2-3 posts all of the posts answering questions with AI generated answers. I verified a couple of the answers using copilot and was pretty much word for word.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a confused member or someone who's subscribing to get notifications when a thread is posted (watch thread is a better option) or at worse someone whose trying to raise his post count for whatever reason. Beat approach would be to just report a post that you really think is harming a thread or other.... I don't see how a subscribed post is that harmful.
As to AI thread the forum does have some protection around AI bits and whatever slips abd doesn't get noticed by the mods team a simple report click would help keep the forum AI free

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me: par levels for acropora

chatgpt3.5: In a reef tank setting, "par levels" refer to the amount of light that reaches a specific area within the tank. Acropora corals are known to require high light levels for optimal growth and coloration.

Typically, Acropora corals need to be placed in an area of the tank where they can receive high to very high light intensity. PAR levels for Acropora corals are often recommended to be in the range of 200-400 PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation), with some species even benefiting from PAR levels above 400.

To achieve these PAR levels for Acropora corals, it is important to use high-quality lighting fixtures specifically designed for coral reef tanks, such as LED lights that can be adjusted to provide the appropriate intensity and spectrum. It's also essential to consider the depth of the tank, as light intensity decreases with depth, so adjustments may be needed based on the height of the tank.

Regular monitoring of PAR levels using a PAR meter is recommended to ensure that the corals are receiving the appropriate amount of light for their growth and health. Additionally, acclimating the corals gradually to higher light levels can help prevent stress and ensure their long-term success in the tank.
Both things you quoted from chat are actually pretty much on point growing acros… I don’t see anything that would cause harm to a tank honestly… everything you posted and I read is the back bone of growing sticks! I’d like to see n03 a tad higher but that’s it! It’s all really solid advice!

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both things you quoted from chat are actually pretty much on point growing acros… I don’t see anything that would cause harm to a tank honestly… everything you posted and I read is the back bone of growing sticks! I’d like to see n03 a tad higher but that’s it! It’s all really solid advice!
thats chatgpt @GlassMunky HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back