OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody that lives in the Houston area give her a call, I guarantee you that you get the best rate 1 800 401 2016 ;)

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have to pay the electricity company to own a fish tank?

Yes sir Luxury Electricity, it come with a higher rate, at least that's what the Nice Lady Ms April F Ools told me over the phone.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I login the [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] here to see if this is legit.

NeptuneGarden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Texas electricity distribution is a bit weird compared to the rest of the country.

Texas is on it's own power grid. Separate from the rest of the country. Only state to enjoy this, so it can structure it's power delivery and billing system uniquely

Texas deregulated it's grid system allowing companies to sell power across the entire state regardless of where their generation plant is.

If you buy "windpower only" you are not using only "windpower". you are using whatever is generated by whoever is generating it in your area. The "windpower" company simply agrees to provide that same amount of power to the grid as a whole.

CenterPoint Energy is responsible for most of S.E. Texas power generation, and 90% of it comes from two large coal fired power plants (Sugarland and La Grange) and large nuclear plant (Bay City) Most of the "windenergy" created in Texas is used in Dallas and down along the Mexico border (where all the windmills in Texas are)

It's a bit of false advertising, kind of, when they tell you are buying 100% wind produced energy. you kind of are and kind aren't. your payment does go to a company that runs windmills and provides power to the grid you are on as a whole, but the actual power you are using probably didn't come from that windmill, depending on what market you are in.

Texas has very good rates if you shop around with the different providers (gotta love deregulated capitalism). 10-11 cents/kwhr is common and you can get them under that on high usage commercial contracts.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Texas electricity distribution is a bit weird compared to the rest of the country.

Texas is on it's own power grid. Separate from the rest of the country. Only state to enjoy this, so it can structure it's power delivery and billing system uniquely

Texas deregulated it's grid system allowing companies to sell power across the entire state regardless of where their generation plant is.

If you buy "windpower only" you are not using only "windpower". you are using whatever is generated by whoever is generating it in your area. The "windpower" company simply agrees to provide that same amount of power to the grid as a whole.

CenterPoint Energy is responsible for most of S.E. Texas power generation, and 90% of it comes from two large coal fired power plants (Sugarland and La Grange) and large nuclear plant (Bay City) Most of the "windenergy" created in Texas is used in Dallas and down along the Mexico border (where all the windmills in Texas are)

It's a bit of false advertising, kind of, when they tell you are buying 100% wind produced energy. you kind of are and kind aren't. your payment does go to a company that runs windmills and provides power to the grid you are on as a whole, but the actual power you are using probably didn't come from that windmill, depending on what market you are in.

Texas has very good rates if you shop around with the different providers (gotta love deregulated capitalism). 10-11 cents/kwhr is common and you can get them under that on high usage commercial contracts.

You're completely on target with this as Ms April F Ools the nice lady from Katytricity explained to me.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...shouldn't it be "Ms. Happy April F. Ools", just saying.:rolleyes:

NeptuneGarden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been April'd

images

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmmmm we live it everyday... I'm in Lebanon and electricity is provided only 4 hours on 4 hours off... We have our home generator and I have a APS hooked on which gives around 3 hours for the return pump only...
That is no fun.

Salt It Away

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total installed was just south of $8500. That included the cellular control module, relay panel control center and a very obnoxious installation. (Generator was as far as you could get from main breaker box). Fueled by natural gas and provides backup power within 8 seconds of power failure.

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total installed was just south of $8500. That included the cellular control module, relay panel control center and a very obnoxious installation. (Generator was as far as you could get from main breaker box). Fueled by natural gas and provides backup power within 8 seconds of power failure.
That seems expensive !! I was quoted about $6,000. I really like these. Mine would have to be run off propane ? I have no natural gas where I live . Just propane tanks.

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems expensive !! I was quoted about $6,000. I really like these. Mine would have to be run off propane ? I have no natural gas where I live . Just propane tanks.
Could be your part of country that labor or generator itself cost more.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah electricity is pain here.
We got hammered here in Florida too. I need to make some home improvements, the cost up front will be high, but it will offset the cost for electricity over time pretty quickly

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back