Windy..... or Power??

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year we received a letter from our power company in Katy (windtricity) that some of our area's will be switch for 100% to clean wind energy solution, nothing wrong with that you would think.o_O
Yesterday we received a letter that only 40% will be switched.
The 40% they call it Luxury Electricity or Luxwer (luxury Power).
As some of these wind turbines that will provide us for power still have some issues and not all homes will get the needed electricity as promised everyday.
In the letter it states too that luxury items as aquariums will fall under that new regulation but they can't guarantee that they can provide power everyday :mad: as they already warned us for wind outages :rolleyes:
That said not sure when this all will be in effect but I guess i'll get my genny going soon.

wind-turbine_2780121b.jpg

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What??? That sounds like nonsense. If they can't supply the grid from all wind power, then they supplement from whatever other sources they have...hydroelectric, nuclear, coal, whatever.

It would be like telling you that you'll have your water turned off every once in a while.

Nonsense!

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's ridiculous! Texas has the best power grid in the country; it is on its own grid and produces more energy than the state consumes... How is it possible that in Houston, the energy capital of the U.S., that there will be power shortages? I remember last year when Texas actually ran a negative energy cost: http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...nd_power_was_so_plentiful_one_night_that.html
Windtricity is crazy! Why can't they just purchase power from another energy company through ERCOT like the rest of the state? I'm really shocked to hear that @Diesel ...

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What??? That sounds like nonsense. If they can't supply the grid from all wind power, then they supplement from whatever other sources they have...hydroelectric, nuclear, coal, whatever.

It would be like telling you that you'll have your water turned off every once in a while.

Nonsense!

Those were my words too!

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's ridiculous! Texas has the best power grid in the country; it is on its own grid and produces more energy than the state consumes... How is it possible that in Houston, the energy capital of the U.S., that there will be power shortages? I remember last year when Texas actually ran a negative energy cost: http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...nd_power_was_so_plentiful_one_night_that.html
Windtricity is crazy! Why can't they just purchase power from another energy company through ERCOT like the rest of the state? I'm really shocked to hear that @Diesel ...

I need to place a phone call this morning what the heck is going on :mad:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that there legal team got the verbiage wrong on the letter, and they were merely stating the 40% of you total power usage will be supplemented by wind power AKA big fans in the field. Now since this is a luxury powers source, will they charge a luxury price. This were they get you.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get it, Ben. Isn't your electricity coming from Reliant, and all these are companies are just middlemen? I switch companies every 12 months and just pick the best rate at the time.

and what jsker said above ^^^

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmmmm we live it everyday... I'm in Lebanon and electricity is provided only 4 hours on 4 hours off... We have our home generator and I have a APS hooked on which gives around 3 hours for the return pump only...

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that there legal team got the verbiage wrong on the letter, and they were merely stating the 40% of you total power usage will be supplemented by wind power AKA big fans in the field. Now since this is a luxury powers source, will they charge a luxury price. This were they get you.

We switched from TSU to this so called middleman for free nights and weekends and the first two months were free.
The following months were about 30% give and take less than from TSU, we dropped our bill from $540 to less than $300.
But with no power cause that new windy thing I'm going to hunt for a new middleman.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get it, Ben. Isn't your electricity coming from Reliant, and all these are companies are just middlemen? I switch companies every 12 months and just pick the best rate at the time.

and what jsker said above ^^^

You know........... I don't know anymore because of the trees you can't see the forest anymore.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmmmm we live it everyday... I'm in Lebanon and electricity is provided only 4 hours on 4 hours off... We have our home generator and I have a APS hooked on which gives around 3 hours for the return pump only...

That's crazy!
We live in TX and this shouldn't happen as we got as already mentioned the best power grid.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok all good, it's just 40% of the wind generators will be off at times but will still get 100% power on the grid.
Just have to pay extra for my luxury usage as I didn't mention my aquarium when I signed up, not bad I think only $75 a month.
The lady I talked too Ms April F Ools was really nice and helpfull :)

I'm going to hide now........... :rolleyes:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back