The best and most expensive dry rock you can get !!!

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2008
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
135
Location
South Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At shell world also, and yes i asked they do ship on line. Pipe organ coral skeleton. Natural red color and feather light. I have one bigger one than the photo for about 4 years now, its a pods motel, night time full of pods. The rock on the photo weights 1 pound and 8.7 oz I paid $ 25.00 for it.
P6070013.jpg
DSCN3829.jpg
 
Here is one thats available,(pipe organ coral rock) she was asking $ 80.00 for it and measures about 2ft x 1 ft and weights probably about 5-6 ponds.
DSCN3833.jpg
 
How do you cure that to make sure there are no nasty chemicals on it? I've seen a ton of it but was worried about contaminants.
 
How do you cure that to make sure there are no nasty chemicals on it? I've seen a ton of it but was worried about contaminants.
Water for a month :) I alredy have a rock like this a bit bigger in my tank for about 5 years, its a pod motel ..........night time its full of pods that come out from the holes.
 
I wish I could pind a piece of this by me. I had a small chunk that I was saving for the right time a while back but I have since misplaced it. It is unbelieveably light for its size. Great stuff.
 
Looks pretty cool too!
 
jgraz whats up buddy local reefer from the area. I used to live in westampton but currently live in toms river. Nice to see a local on here
 
That's nice. Did it sink at first? I had one I couldn't get to sink. Too light!
 
Curious as to why it's the best rock money can buy... And how it's a DIY rock??? I think regular rock will culture bacteria better than a pod hotel lol... That's more of a nitrate factory then anything to me... It would just fill up with crap you can't clean out....;)
 
I got one of those with a used mantis tank I picked. I always wondered what it was. Definitely doesn't seem to collect detritus.

Photo1-30.jpg
 
What do you mean what ever???? I asked a legitimate question... You can't answer???? :xd:
I can answer Troyle, but yours was a statement, not a question. To answer your question than, it depends on the system and many variables, I have a rock like that for 5 years no problem, flow etc can make any porous rock a nitrate factory. In a well balanced tank its a beauty with many pods.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new