Aptasia Zapper - OMG!!!!

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I was a bit skeptical...but it arrived yesterday and after I put the kids to bed and walked the dog, out it came!!!

The Aptasia Zapper!!!!!

Man, let me tell you...I didn't think I had an aptasia/manjano "Problem" per se, but I did not want to have one in the future...so, all I can say now is can you spell
L I Q U I F Y!!:hammer:!

holly molly....I had a couple of these buggers that turned from a baby into a momma, and were tucked away under some rock i could never get to....cest la vie'!!! took about 30 seconds and they were toast!!

I had a few growing on my 6" Maxima, and boom the clam didn't even know what was happening....

had i known about this forget about Aptasia X or joes juice, etc... no more worrying about the chemical hitting a coral next to the aptasia and burning it..

this device is for real....

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading the first sentence it sounds like your dog had a ruff night of being zapped lol Im glad you posted this, I dont have any ATM but its nice to no this is a working product.

OP
OP
arotbart

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically true...but, i think, better alternative than having unknown white liquified junk dribbling on monti frag and burning it up....at least the chlorine bubbles to the surface......

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed..... I'm still at a loss about them personally... I see people love them and the next guy say it makes them spread in 2 months you can't control them..:cry: but thanks for sharing you exp thus far... Keep us updated if they come back or not..

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait till the spores you've created spread..
iirc from reading some reviews

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but i agree is an awesome instant gratification... but the long run isnt worth it..

just train a CBB..

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Key to using it is to ensure you don't let the aptasia have enough tissue left to release any planula. I keep zapping them until they are nothing but white mush and come off the rock.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^This what I do^^^^^
also I suck Out as much as I can.
But you'll just have to zap mj, unwanted mushroom and polyp/zoa one time for about a Minute.

OP
OP
arotbart

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea...they are gonna spread no matter what this device, chemical, biological, what ever type of control one chooses.

Dito to post above...I zapped each one for at least a minute...the bigger ones even longer...until they literally melted off the rock and you couldn't tell what it was but a bunch of tissue covered in those cholrine bubbles. I dropped some peppermint shrimp in last week and they didn't touch the aptasia...same with a copper band...was not interested at all....

I have bergias too, but they take a looooong time to colonize.....

I will keep the thread updated for sure....

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back