bubble algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter teddy13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

teddy13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Messages
498
Reaction score
2
Location
Union City, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how to get rid of it completely and for certain??????? it apparently came in on a coral and we thought it was gone, now it is on rock and decor.. help
 
thank you. that is as i thought, either scrape it off or a crab.. so far the crabs i have tried have not worked and ended up dying.. as this is in a bio cube.. and the scraping off well even done outside the tank it seems the spores moved around or something.. ugh
 
YEa, the stuff isn't easy to remove.
 
I've just now begun to het a handle on my BA. I've been diligent with manual removal during WC, using the siphon hose/scraping method and raising my MAG to 1500 has helped tremendously! It's all but gone!! :)
 
i am considering removing all items from the tank n put in a diff one if clean then tackling it
 
I don't know where you can buy Black Mithrax Crabs, but IMO they are great. Also, IMO there is less of a chance that they will go rogue as some of the Emerald Crabs have been reported to be. One down side is they are very shy and you will never see them, but you will never see any bubble algae either.
 
Teddy Bear Crabs are not very good tank mates. I have never seen one available for sale as they are considered nuisance crabs
 
hmmmm all my research was mixed.. ok

This happens a lot. One man's nuisance is another's pet. Once we would never dream of keeping a mantis shrimp. KILL ON SIGHT! lol. Now people dedicate tanks to them and with the discovery of such pretty specimens like the peacock they are becoming quite popular. I am sure there are people who have and enjoy these crabs. If they gain enough popularity I am sure they will be readily available to purchase also.
 
I read at the bottom of the youtube video that Fox Faces will also eat bubble algae. Not sure if your tank is big enough to accomodate one though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new