bubble algae

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how to get rid of it completely and for certain??????? it apparently came in on a coral and we thought it was gone, now it is on rock and decor.. help

OP
OP
T

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you. that is as i thought, either scrape it off or a crab.. so far the crabs i have tried have not worked and ended up dying.. as this is in a bio cube.. and the scraping off well even done outside the tank it seems the spores moved around or something.. ugh

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just now begun to het a handle on my BA. I've been diligent with manual removal during WC, using the siphon hose/scraping method and raising my MAG to 1500 has helped tremendously! It's all but gone!! :)

OP
OP
T

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am considering removing all items from the tank n put in a diff one if clean then tackling it

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know where you can buy Black Mithrax Crabs, but IMO they are great. Also, IMO there is less of a chance that they will go rogue as some of the Emerald Crabs have been reported to be. One down side is they are very shy and you will never see them, but you will never see any bubble algae either.

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teddy Bear Crabs are not very good tank mates. I have never seen one available for sale as they are considered nuisance crabs

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm all my research was mixed.. ok

This happens a lot. One man's nuisance is another's pet. Once we would never dream of keeping a mantis shrimp. KILL ON SIGHT! lol. Now people dedicate tanks to them and with the discovery of such pretty specimens like the peacock they are becoming quite popular. I am sure there are people who have and enjoy these crabs. If they gain enough popularity I am sure they will be readily available to purchase also.

scubadiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read at the bottom of the youtube video that Fox Faces will also eat bubble algae. Not sure if your tank is big enough to accomodate one though.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back