Jason Austin

Jason Austin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank!

Please explain more about the plumbing.

What do you want to know? It's 2" PVC to the inlet of the reeflo, then 1.5" out of the reeflo to the OM4 way. Out of the OM4 way, it's all 1" PVC. The valves are the new cepex true union ball valves. Easy to turn! The drains are twin 1.5" PVC. One will be full siphon and the other will be durso style.

OP
OP
Jason Austin

Jason Austin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like how the sun is hitting the tank, i'm afraid of algae growth

Sun doesn't make it far up the stand and I'm not worried about algae growth as there won't be any. My current tank gets an hour of sun....no issues.

Build looks great! Can't wait to see it stocked

Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason Austin

Jason Austin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of an update. Hopefully the sump is completed by Friday.

54DBC504-4A6B-4114-B3B4-AF6A4F7183EB-25993-00002241591DCD75_zpsd2906945.jpg

OP
OP
Jason Austin

Jason Austin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drain plumbing configured and awaiting PVC primer and glue. Picking up filtersocks today.

F7466816-F778-46E6-A4B4-0C1FB3A1CE8E-208-00000013936BCAFC_zpsd44ab859.jpg

Last edited:

nly04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to configure this sump? Where will you put the Skimmer, do you have a refugium? Nice sump but seem a little small or maybe the socks area is too big. Just my 2cent.

OP
OP
Jason Austin

Jason Austin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sock chamber is for two 7" filtersocks. 4" filtersocks clog within a couple days. The middle chamber is the fuge and will get full flow. The third chamber will be fed with a mag 5 and drained back into the fuge, I've yet to install those two bulkheads.

My skimmer will be and external SRO 5000 skimmer and will not need to be in the sump.

Quinn123, that round thing is an Oceans Motions 4 way. It had a rotating drum inside that changes which return pipes get flow. It changes once every 30 seconds.

Nyl04, on the first page I discuss my equipment list.

Last edited:

pam0630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow. thats a beautiful tank.....i will deff be following this....i hate to ask, but what would a tank like that cost??? you dont have to answer if you dont want to....
i have a 125 and would love to go larger............

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along as this the exact size I am looking to upgrade to. Beautiful tank..

I am with Pam on the tank cost. I am trying to figure out the exact cost of tank, stand and canopy. I look forward to your skinning of your stand, as I haven't seen it done on a metal stand on a home aquarium. Fantastic option and a possible way for me to get it up and running possibly at a lower cost, and then work on the skin myself..

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason Austin

Jason Austin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on a stock list? Any certain fish or sps that you just have to have?

Oh yes. 7+ lyratale anthias, blue line angel, flame angel, mystery wrasse, and achilies tang. Subject to change. :).

Following along as this the exact size I am looking to upgrade to. Beautiful tank..

I am with Pam on the tank cost. I am trying to figure out the exact cost of tank, stand and canopy. I look forward to your skinning of your stand, as I haven't seen it done on a metal stand on a home aquarium. Fantastic option and a possible way for me to get it up and running possibly at a lower cost, and then work on the skin myself..

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks. The stand is no cheap option. They cost $600+ for this size tank.

in your 40 breeder,,,what is that coral to the left corner of the tank.......those corals are beautiful

What color coral are you referring to?

wow. thats a beautiful tank.....i will deff be following this....i hate to ask, but what would a tank like that cost??? you dont have to answer if you dont want to....
i have a 125 and would love to go larger............

For my size tank, price is $1000 and up depending on how crazy with drilling. Best thing to do is contact a planet aquariums retailer for a quote.

Nice build!
l

Thanks!

Last edited:

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back