OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did study it...I guess sometimes I have a gap between my reading and my comprehension.

I like the owner of my lfs. He's nice. Guess it doesn't hurt to be a frequent customer, though, lol! He said if the nem recovers and he resells it he'll give me some credit. Can't ask for better than that on a no-returns policy!

At first I didn't like The Fish & Frag Shack...but I think I just came in on a bad batch of fish.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of hardheaded...I talked to the owner about ordering me a small copperband, since the filefish is not doing his job (I may take him to the store if I do it, for bioload reasons.) Anyone think that's a bad idea? I've had it with these things. Just look at my rocks!! I have a feeling I've got plenty to keep it fed until it starts eating frozens. XP Still, I don't want to make another nem-type mistake. Am I underestimating the needs of this fish? I do understand I may have to rehome it when the aiptasia's gone because they like polyps so much. I guess if it ate my corals, it wouldn't be any worse of a loss than I'll already have if this goes on much longer.

1388191900670.jpg
1388191917236.jpg
1388191934854.jpg

tuna_bullet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 copperbands one for each tank they take care of my pests.....my file fish are in the 200g sump they keep that clean and they cant get to my lps..... Eienna I have a 100g tank and stand you can have if your ready for the upgrade....

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about berghia nudibranches?

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 copperbands one for each tank they take care of my pests.....my file fish are in the 200g sump they keep that clean and they cant get to my lps..... Eienna I have a 100g tank and stand you can have if your ready for the upgrade....

I would love that XD any chance you're anywhere nearby?

What about berghia nudibranches?

I thought about that...but they're awfully expensive, and not really available around there. The best price I could get around here is $30 apiece or so. I'd also have to remove my shrimp and possibly my hermit and filefish (crazy fish went after a bristleworm once...)

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I thought about that...but they're awfully expensive, and not really available around there. The best price I could get around here is $30 apiece or so. I'd also have to remove my shrimp and possibly my hermit and filefish (crazy fish went after a bristleworm once...)

I would look online. You can find them for under $20. Why would you have to remove the shrimp and hermit? Berghia nudibranches only eat aiptasia. The file fish would need to be rehomed.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look online. You can find them for under $20. Why would you have to remove the shrimp and hermit? Berghia nudibranches only eat aiptasia. The file fish would need to be rehomed.

It's still $50 shipping...
I definitely looked. :/

The peppermints are predators of bergia. Not sure if the hermit would be but I'm not putting it completely in the realm of impossibility.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermints eat prepared foods as well. I have one in my seahorse tank. Same goes for hermits.

tuna_bullet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am in San Diego

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermints eat prepared foods as well. I have one in my seahorse tank. Same goes for hermits.

Yeah, but I'd hate to spend almost $100 on an animal and have it devoured just because a stupid shrimp thought it might taste good >.<

By contrast, the butterfly would be $30 tops from my LFS. They're also quite purdy. :)

Well, I have a couple days. I'll check again and see what's available online. Maybe I'll get blessed.

Last edited:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The survival rate for the copper banded butterfly is quite low. I would strongly urge you to look for other options.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fyi that new lrs food the copperbands love it...its a little pricey but well worth it...............

A bit pricey for me, to be sure XD but I imagine they do.

Best case scenario would be for this crazy file to start doing his job. Failing that...well...anyone wanna lend me about $70 to order some berghia? I found I can order two pair from saltyunderground for $75 including shipping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all my Christmas present moneys come back to me (had to lend out a lot of it) I'll have enough...hmmm.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got offered a totally awesome Christmas present! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
It may or may not help with the aiptasia depending on how I manage to work this, but it's making me shake with excitement!!!! Pics when I get it ;) Thanks tuna!!!!!!

tuna_bullet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got offered a totally awesome Christmas present! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
It may or may not help with the aiptasia depending on how I manage to work this, but it's making me shake with excitement!!!! Pics when I get it ;) Thanks tuna!!!!!!
anytime Merry Christmas

Back