OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have pretty good success using a hypodermic needle and injecting a semi-think almost paste of kalkwasser solution.

Thanks for the suggestion...really not digging the idea of having to inject each of them individually. There's a ton of them!

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The survival rate for the copper banded butterfly is quite low. I would strongly urge you to look for other options.

So long to turning over a new leaf. Getting a Copperbanded Butterflyfish is setting yourself up for failure.

I don't think you're giving the Filefish a chance. It seems that you never see them eating the aiptasia and then one day you look and say, "Wow, they're almost all gone." And, you have soooo many.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long to turning over a new leaf. Getting a Copperbanded Butterflyfish is setting yourself up for failure.

I don't think you're giving the Filefish a chance. It seems that you never see them eating the aiptasia and then one day you look and say, "Wow, they're almost all gone." And, you have soooo many.

Don't assume so easily ;) I'm not getting a copperband. That's why I asked for opinions - so I could confirm whether it was a good idea or not. Obviously it's not, and now I have a fourth option thanks to Tuna. I'm gonna get that tank, cycle it with dry rock, and then clean the current rock and sand real good before putting it and the animals into their new tank. :) These pests will soon be history! :D

I'll keep the file as long as he isn't damaging anything. I've kind of gotten attached to him. I call him Mr. Smarty-Pants. ♡
He's fattening up nicely, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good grief. My RODI filter(s) need replacing. My freshwater tank is also in serious need of a filtration replacement; the Whisper filter on it is ancient and the flow has fallen to a mere trickle. I thank God I have live plants in that tank. I think they're preventing an oxygen disaster. I really want a canister filter for it, but it needs help NOW. I borrowed one of the reef powerheads and have an airstone running, but it worries me. I'm quite attached to these fish. :/ I may have to give up the freshwater altogether; I'm stretched too thin between so many tanks. Anyone want a 6' freshwater planted tank with issues and an ugly stand and somehow still healthy livestock? XD I wouldn't mind so much if I knew someone would take good care of my fish.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uuugh. I don't like colds. At least it's not the stomach flu, I guess.

I had to remove a powerhead from the reef because it was creating too much flow. My fish have been having to stay on one side of the tank. For now it looks like I have a spare powerhead to help me with the flow in the fw tank. I'd call that a blessing. :)

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My poor astraea snail ;-; its foot is turning white. I think it's starving, but I can't get it to take nori. Ideas?

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my 2cents, you've got some really good experienced reefers on here trying to help you, guys like Mike have been at this hobby for years and have lots of knowledge, and they would never mislead you intentionally.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my 2cents, you've got some really good experienced reefers on here trying to help you, guys like Mike have been at this hobby for years and have lots of knowledge, and they would never mislead you intentionally.

I know. I just need to learn to listen better. :)

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay...so...I'm finally over the flu (God should just send all the stomach flu germs to hell). I'm working on prepping for my new 100g upgrade and got to thinking...what should I call it? A lot of people have imaginative names for their builds/setups and I don't see why I shouldn't. :)

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I feel so blessed. ♡ Thank you, tuna_bullet, for the new tank. I don't even have it set up yet and I already treasure it; I can hardly wait to get it up and running!!!

Pics when I do!!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized that other than an ultra-skinny filefish I should not have purchased in the first place (I thought they all looked like that at the time), and a nassarius snail that was very large and I suspect at the end of its lifespan anyway, I have had no deaths since moving back to my Mom's! The filefish you guys have seen pictures of (he is my second try and was a little skinny too) has fattened up nicely, and everyone is getting along well. The gramma gets pushed around by the anthias a bit but that's about it. She's getting bolder...I think she'll start asserting herself better as she gets older.

There was some question about whether the gramma would bully the scooter dragonet. Happily, they completely ignore each other. :)

Everybody has acquired names.

Scooter Dragonet (F): Echo
Orange Misbar Ocellaris Clown (M): Chris
Mocha Misbar Ocellaris Clown (F): Christina
Bartlett's Anthias (M): Shock
Bartlett's Anthias (F): Wonder
Royal Gramma (Unknown): Princess Bella

I may be without internet for a while...we're behind on the bill :'( If that happens I WILL BE BACK ASAP. :)

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol waiting on the 100g upgrade pictures

Nothing to show yet...gonna clean it real good as soon as I'm sure how...but I'm not going to be able to set it up until 1, I break that sump out of the other stand (it was built around the sump and I can't just pull the thing out :/), 2, I replace my RODI filters (it's reading about 24TDS) and 3, I get more salt mix - I have 100g to fill, not including the sump, but only enough salt left for ~60g.

I've got as much rock as I dared remove cleaned and put in my QT with a table shrimp to cycle...but for the moment I'm at a standstill otherwise.

In the meantime, I wanted to show off how well everyone's doing. :)

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back